Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford EXP 1/25 Scale

Just Jim

Anyone out there have a Ford EXP body they don’t need? Just need the body but willing to take a glue bomb (depending) partial or full kit if that’s what you got. The one in the picture is warped beyond my ability to fix. Got some stuff to trade if interested.

Thanks

Jim

C3DA521C-5015-4D26-A48B-F3AFB18813E2.jpeg

On 3/22/2024 at 10:14 PM, Maindrian Pace said:

Jim, if you do find a replacement body, I could use your warped one to repair the rear wheel wells on one that I have, the previous owner chopped them out for slicks.

Send me your address and I will get the body shown in the picture out to you when I can

44 minutes ago, fiatboy said:

I heard of a way to straiten warped bodies: secure the body in the sun so that the body will take a 'new set'.  What do you think of that, anyone?  

That might work with resin and some plastic kit bodies but looking at Jim's pics, not this one.

Looks like it's already had some time in the sun, or at least some heat source. Those front fenders are beyond repair because as the plastic twists it also shrinks in places. No repairing that.