Model Cars Magazine Forum

ID this car? Pacific Coast Highway 1976

6 hours ago, The Junkman said:

The most remarkable thing about that picture is the gas prices and they were still offering full serve.

Probably not one of the cheaper stations around either, given its location. I can't say that I remember when full serve went (gradually) away, because I always self-served.

6 hours ago, The Junkman said:

The most remarkable thing about that picture is the gas prices and they were still offering full serve.

That $0.67 / $0.69 a gallon is for 100 octane 'Ethyl' at that. Ne'er-the-less, quite expensive for the time... but not nearly as expensive as 1979-1980 when that same gas ( octane rating changed to the R+M/2 method on 01-APR-1979 ; now 100 octane is "95" octane - but I digress) was at least $1.00/gallon when / if one could find it.

• Like 1

That was just before California went to the Od and Even Days, which was dependent on the last digit of your license plate number, that you could buy gas. Had commercial plates on my El Camino, gas was no problem as long as I only wanted 10 Gal. at a time, and no Blue Chip Stamps.  

• Like 2