Model Cars Magazine Forum

1950 Ford Truck (Pikes Peak)

I got my Nitro's bottles in from the Iceman so I started a little mock-up.  I found these two white pieces in the parts box and I believe they are going work to hold the bottles in place.  I'm using some brass pins which I've cut the heads off to attach the Nitro's bottle brackets to the bed of the truck.  

20240505_125356.jpg

20240505_130506.jpg

20240505_125408.jpg

• Like 2

I got the Iceman Ford 7.3 Diesel Power Stroke engine finished up.  I did a trial fit in the engine bay and I'm going to have to do some cutting on the firewall and the floor pan.  I knew I left the firewall out for some reason.

20240506_104122.jpg

20240506_104135.jpg

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, slusher said:

That’s a great looking engine there, Bob and very nicely painted!

I appreciate it Carl but I Just realized something.  I some how forgot to glue the pulley system on the front of the engine.  I already had the engine glued in and the chassis glued to the body.  I'm in trouble now.  I guess I'm loosing my mind.  That is differently a first.

20240506_132249.jpg

Edited by Zippi
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, espo said:

Do you have any Un-Cure debonder?  Don't think you would want to try and break it apart. 

Thanks David.  I got it back apart.  Now to get it back together and make it look right.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dragcarz said:

Looking great Bob! Love your engine detail! 

Thanks Roger.  Yeah, I'm not all that up on what a Diesel engine should look like all dressed out.