Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dick Landy Hemi Dart & the Billy the Kid Pro Stock Dart

Good Afternoon everyone

Just finished these two models a couple of days ago..1st up is the Billy the Kid car..I used the MPC 76 Dart kit for the build..Slixx Decals, Slixx's aftermarket rims, hood scoop  from parts box..I scatched built the roll cage..The decals gave me fits, but over all I'm ok with it except for my slicks stick out to wide..Measured three times and STILL got it wrong, but I wasn't taking it apart. I wired the engine for my second engine ever.. Comment & enjoy

The Landy Dart has STS Decals..I added to the roll bar Again the decals gave me fits..I would let them sit and they would be in a different place..I had to seal the slicks from the 55 Chevy Bel Air Gasser. Wired the engine, but forgot the coil..Will do fix it later. I'm not really happy with it because it sets higher on the right side than the left..Took it apart, roll cage isn't touching the roof..I just wanted it done.. Comment & enjoy

20240415_121342.jpg

20240415_121328.jpg

20240415_120913.jpg

20240415_120921.jpg

20240415_121121.jpg

20240415_121054.jpg

20240415_121029.jpg

20240415_121113.jpg

20240415_121022.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

They look great to me, you're too hard on yourself, well I guess we all are because we know where our mistakes are! Nothing ever comes out perfect for me either, the important part is we are enjoying our hobby.

On 4/19/2024 at 10:04 PM, Tedly said:

They look great to me, you're too hard on yourself, well I guess we all are because we know where our mistakes are! Nothing ever comes out perfect for me either, the important part is we are enjoying our hobby.

Sir, thank you for the kind words..Sometimes I think that I'm not a very good modeler so I opened myself up to this forum to hear what the community has to say..For the most part, guys have been very helpful including yourself..I have never shown any of my builds, but this community is do welcoming that y'all have made it easy for me..I have probably 100 builds on my shelf..I might put some of my earlier builds on the channel. 

• Like 1