Model Cars Magazine Forum

My rapid transit 71 GTX’s

Nicholas

These are a slew of builds I completed a couple months ago, these are painted with MCW enamel paint in the high impact/factory colors I like, what is not shown are the resin Dana 60 rear ends underneath all of them, I used fireball models, resin six pack, carburetors, and steel rims/poverty caps, I also made one into a hemi car go mango orange one! I made a couple of boo-boos on these you can see the air grabber decal for the hood is put in the wrong spot on one of them, I forgot to paint the front valance spoilers on one of them lol and I nicked the paint job buffing it out after I wet sanded it with my dremel tool UGH but all in all I’m very very happy with the way they came out! The colors I used are plum, crazy purple, F-8 green, go mango, orange, saddle, bronze. these are revell  1/24 scale 71 GTX kits, onward to my MPC 1/25 scale 71 roadrunners to finish! 

IMG_1596.jpeg

IMG_1618.jpeg

IMG_1617.jpeg

IMG_1601.jpeg

IMG_1613.jpeg

IMG_1612.jpeg

IMG_1611.jpeg

IMG_1610.jpeg

IMG_1615.jpeg

• Like 6

All very impressive in the factory colors. All that is missing is a diorama of the Nicholas Plymouth Dealership lot with a sign or two saying " This Week's Special" or  "Buy Now! Financing Available!"

👍👍👍

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, ncbuckeye67 said:

All four are beautiful! Your paint work is amazing, but I have to say that green is my favorite of the bunch.

thank you jeff,yes the f-8 green is my fav also

• Like 1