Model Cars Magazine Forum

NOT YOUR MOTHERS AMT 75 GREMLIN (2)

I purchased a 1975 AMT Gremlin for 12

dollars at Ollies and regretted it when I opened it! Loll I had an old Dobberton 
J-2000 chassis and sectioned it to fit the Gremlins body wheelbase. This is what I came up with! This build is still in progress. Thanks for viewing! 

IMG_2125.jpeg

IMG_1725.jpeg

IMG_1730.jpeg

71304410570__F9645F37-15AA-41E0-B4AC-C974D1B6AA3F.jpeg

IMG_1762.jpeg

IMG_1767.jpeg

IMG_1778.jpeg

• Like 6

I purchased a 1975 AMT Gremlin for 12

dollars at Ollies and regretted it when I opened it! Loll I had an old Dobberton 
J-2000 chassis and sectioned it to fit the Gremlins body wheelbase. This is what I came up with! This build is still in progress. Thanks for viewing! 

IMG_1712.jpeg

IMG_1711.jpeg

IMG_1709.jpeg

IMG_1697.jpeg

71304412261__53F92907-9D9E-43A9-8C43-79C66CC0FFC1.jpeg

71304414170__EF4EBB19-2875-4AFB-ABA1-27E0FDE3BF18.jpeg

IMG_1742.jpeg

IMG_1747.jpeg

IMG_1759.jpeg

IMG_1761.jpeg

IMG_1789.jpeg

IMG_1787.jpeg

• Like 2

On 5/5/2024 at 12:19 PM, TopherMcGinnis said:

Killer build!

Thank you! Not knocking other peoples Gremlin builds which I think are ALL nice because people put the time into building it, but from what I’ve seen there’s a sunlight gap over the rear wheels! I saw it right off the bat! I wish AMT at least filled the rear wheel wells in a little better! That was one of the reasons I just used the body and hood from this kit. I’m glad you liked my rendition of this kit, it will be done soon.

10 hours ago, Zippi said:

Not a big fan of the Gremlin but this is looking pretty kewl.  

Any car model I see for 12 bucks, I’m buying it !! Loll  I had make it as cool as possible ! I saw on You Tube a gentleman had a black Gremlin Outlaw Drag car which was cool looking, plus there’s an orange one that is a wheelie car of some sort! I thank you for your input!

18 hours ago, TopherMcGinnis said:

WAY KOOL BUILD!!!!!

Thank you! I thought for a long time about how I could make a Gremlin a bad - ass cool pro street machine! I think it came out better than I expected! Lolll Thanks for your input, the Gremlin will be done soon! 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bainford said:

Great kit bashing. That's looking good. 

Thanks! I got the Dobberton  frame from LBR model car parts on eBay. It came with everything except the body and engine! Rocky is the name of the gentleman who runs this model car parts company and he helped me out with this one! I think it turned out better than I expected! Thank you for liking it ! 

4 hours ago, DREAMSCALE CONCEPTS said:

Thanks! I got the Dobberton  frame from LBR model car parts on eBay. It came with everything except the body and engine! Rocky is the name of the gentleman who runs this model car parts company and he helped me out with this one! I think it turned out better than I expected! Thank you for liking it ! 

Cool! I have a Dobberton J2000 I have parted out and still have most of the chassis. Your build has given me some ideas for using that chassis.

10 minutes ago, Bainford said:

Cool! I have a Dobberton J2000 I have parted out and still have most of the chassis. Your build has given me some ideas for using that chassis.

11 minutes ago, Bainford said:

Cool! I think that frame with some sectioning could fit under the MPC Chevy  Chevette, AMT Pinto or maybe an MPC Foxbody Mustang. The giant wheel tubs in the back would be good for hatchback model car kit! I build to be different! Hmmm Big block twin turbo Chevette🤔

• Like 1

On 5/6/2024 at 4:47 PM, DREAMSCALE CONCEPTS said:

Any car model I see for 12 bucks, I’m buying it !! Loll  I had make it as cool as possible ! I saw on You Tube a gentleman had a black Gremlin Outlaw Drag car which was cool looking, plus there’s an orange one that is a wheelie car of some sort! I thank you for your input!

IMG_1791.jpeg

IMG_1786.jpeg

IMG_1784.jpeg

• Like 1