Model Cars Magazine Forum

32 Traditional Rod

Fuel Coupe

did you close the ends of the tube with brass sheet? it would be a cool detail if you did and soldered them in ;) a little metal polish to shine it all up and it would be a cool feature.

with all that Nailhead power and that cool quickchange are those skinny Goodyears going to be up to task? ;)

Dave

HAHA yes Dave the ends are soldered shut. No those little skinnys probably aren't up for the task...

Edited by TxRat

• 2 weeks later...

Alright guys heres another small update. Let me know good bad or otherwise...

Built a 6 deuce log manifold out of misc size tubing. I had plans to make them out of alumium and I may still before its over. I have since squared up the runners once I saw they were crooked.

DSC_2183.jpg

DSC_2184.jpg

Some of you may recognize these headers from a certain Model A that's been in a few mags.( Dave, dont let me down)

DSC_2201.jpg

DSC_2202.jpg

I have one side done, thats the easy part. replicating both sides is where the fun starts...

Any questions comments please let me know...

Thanks guys...

I built a set of manifolds from brass but didnt like the outcome. I may try a different approach on them and see what happens.

I am looking for some clear red fuel or something that will work.

Man, I'm starting to think you're the only person that's liking this heap I'm building...

• 2 weeks later...

Here's another small update. I scratchuilt a log manifold set up with 6 97's complete with linkage and some killer red fuel line from fellow partner in crime Davezinn.

The carbs are drilled through the top and venturas were added. I found a neat way of applying a wash on the carbs to tone them down a bit and will try it tomorrow. thanks again for looking. dont be shy, ask anything you want.

DSC_2412.jpg

DSC_2416.jpg

DSC_2417.jpg

DSC_2419.jpg

DSC_2420.jpg

Just been sittin here enjoying this one...but now it hit me...imho simplify the fuel lines...just too much red..makes the lines look too large and out of scale. If you make a pair of tubes out of brass and use them as fuel rails you can run the carbs to rails in red and put a block on the firewall??

glad you could make use of that stuff i sent! if you really want to get anal about detail you could wrap some small silver wire around each and give it a twist or two and clip off the excess to make the spring type clamps B) i havent done it yet, but will on a future project.

i'm not sure why it appears out of scale? if you were to do the other style mentioned i wouldn't go with red lines at all with that set-up, but black wire to represent rubber lines instead.

Dave

They appear a bit gangly now but they will be routed down on the left side of each manifold. this should clean things up a bit. with the chrome valve covers and aluminum velocity stacks this should tone down the red fuel lines abit (I hope)I have done the wire clamps before Dave and they will look right at home here...

OK I got the the fishing line envious recommended and heres the outcome. Personally I think this is the way to go. I plan to put two 3 port logs on the firewall to accommodate the 6 lines. also here is a pic of the metallic green Im using. Its called limetime pearl HoK flavor...

Personally I think it will be a nice contrast against the pagen gold on the engine. A common twist on 60's east coast cars...

DSC_2424.jpg

DSC_2425.jpg

OK I got the the fishing line envious recommended and heres the outcome. Personally I think this is the way to go. I plan to put two 3 port logs on the firewall to accommodate the 6 lines. also here is a pic of the metallic green Im using. Its called limetime pearl HoK flavor...

Personally I think it will be a nice contrast against the pagen gold on the engine. A common twist on 60's east coast cars...

DSC_2424.jpg

DSC_2425.jpg

That green is going to POP!! :D

Are you gonna lay that green over a silver base?

heres a really small update on the 32. Ive been stuck working graveyards and I dont spend a whole lot of time at the bench when I work like this so excuse the lack of updates.

Made some aluminum bomber seats

DSC_2117.jpg

DSC_2118.jpg

Thanks for looking...

Man, I love those Bomber seats!! Nice Touch!

DSC_2424.jpg

DSC_2425.jpg

YEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

We went out to dinner last night and then over to K-Mart. I bought a spool of 30# test clear red fishing line. It cost $7.41 for a 400 yard spool. That's 1200 feet! There's enough to last me several lifetimes. I anyone needs/wanst some of this line, let me know and we can try to work something out.

Heres another update. I bought a set of replica and miniatures of Maryland buick drum brakes years ago and finally found a use for them

DSC_2432.jpg

I had to hog out the wheel backs to get them to fit

DSC_2437.jpg

I then added some length to the spindles

DSC_2436.jpg

here they are before paint

DSC_2438.jpg

heres the rears

DSC_2440.jpg

I got these trick little coilovers from Davzinn and I think they have forund a home.

DSC_2443.jpg

DSC_2439.jpg

very nice work Shane! is the top bracket for the panhard bar?

i like the axle stub sticking out from the rear wheel centers too. are you going to add bolt and nut detail to the end of that too?

Dave

Thanks everyone

Dave, Im actually looking for some spider caps. Do you know where I can round some up. RMoM maybe??