Model Cars Magazine Forum

51 Chev post sedan

James W

Looks good. I wish Amt would have made them this way in the first place. Why don't you do it as a mix of stock and mildly hotrodded. These guys would drive these things everyday and drag race them on the weekend.

Haveing been the proud owner of a 283 powered 52 Deluxe, It DOES look a little strange to me.But, you CAN see the natural progression of the roof line for the next model year. Very interesting conversion! LOOKS like a factory job! You know, if I look at it long enough, the lines just flow naturally together! VERY NICE JOB!!!I LIKE IT!!! :lol::angry:

Has anyone done this before. I doubt I am the first by a long shot.

AMT sedan with Revell 53 roof.

2009models003.jpg

2009models002.jpg

I was going to build it bone stock but might do a mild street rod or daily driver .

What do you think?

Looks factory James B)

I love it.

Me?? Orange body, white top, BMF, lowered nicely with some body colored "Steelies", center caps and beauty rings; um um um - COOOOOL 50's.......MY 2CTS :P .

Edited by Treehugger Dave

James, that is a killer build, I have to admit it's not one that I've ever thought of doing. I'm glad you brought it to our attention. I'm looking forward to seeing this completed.

What about something like this as a basis for your build?

IMG_0119-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

One of the 750+ cars at Portland Transmission Cruise this past Saturday.

Edited by Fletch

George,Here are a couple shots when I was playing with some tape to see how close it was to the old roof line.

200951001.jpg

200951002.jpg

Thanks for the comments guys.

Dave,that is a sweet ride. But now I'm going to have to wait a year for the best car show in Portland to come back around.

That's not the only picture you took Saturday is it?

I do like the two tone and will be painting this one that way, maybe a gold top or a two tone blue. A factory look is a must.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Dave,that is a sweet ride. But now I'm going to have to wait a year for the best car show in Portland to come back around.

That's not the only picture you took Saturday is it?

I do like the two tone and will be painting this one that way, maybe a gold top or a two tone blue. A factory look is a must.

Come on Brother you know me better then that there's around 150 photos in the album on Fotki, here's the link:

http://public.fotki.com/dcfletcher/automot...and-transmissi/

• 2 weeks later...

James, Sorry I missed this thread, as I was on vacation for a couple weeks. I built a '51 two door post using a fleetline for the front half, and a Belair Hard top for the back. For the rear window, I turned the fleetline rear window upside down. The trunk is shortened as the Belairs had a longer trunk.

BrucesModels006.jpg

BrucesModels013-1.jpg