Model Cars Magazine Forum

Polar Lights TV batmobile!?!?

blubaja

What that!!??? When the???!!!! Anyone else catch wind of this yet? Any info on it?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti00...=LNXJR4&P=K

lplls0822.jpg

Says based off the 66 TV series!! And...in plastic!!! Oh my!!!

edit: I had the pic up, but it's not showing. I hope the link doesn't get deleted.

pol821.jpg

Edited by blubaja

Hey Frank, do you know what scale this is?

There is no mention of it on the Round2 web site. and not much info on Tower hobbys site.

I gotta have it.

Thanks for posting this.

Hope it will include the figures.

Edited by RJWood

it's old tooling and it's 1/32nd scale but probably still cool.I believe it does come with the figures. if you want 1/24th scale batman and robin check out the polar lights batmobile based on the comic series it looks similar to the tv series but not quite as cool ,has the figures and is a decent kit.

This is the old Aurora 1/32 kit, and it is not very good. Save your money. Another dissapointment. How can they charge 30 bucks for this??

This is the old Aurora 1/32 kit, and it is not very good. Save your money. Another dissapointment. How can they charge 30 bucks for this??

I think I paid, like 69 cents for it when Aurora issued it way back when. It was very lousy kit at the time, with a poor fitting multi-piece body and plastic wheels, so today it might be viewed as horrrible. And $28.99? Maybe for a case of 12.......

Back when the original kit was issued my friends and I all bought one. We thought is was WAY cool. And it cost less than a buck!

My Batmobile model is LONG gone... but I actually still have complete sets of several series of Batman bubblegum cards from the mid-late 60s. Wonder what those are worth today?

My Batmobile model is LONG gone... but I actually still have complete sets of several series of Batman bubblegum cards from the mid-late 60s. Wonder what those are worth today?

OMG, Harry, I still have some of them too. Remember the lame jokes on the back sides of those things?

Well, since one of the most embarrassing gaffes ever published concerned the notion of Revell-Monogram reissuing an MPC tool, I went back and had a closer look at the kit description - 'cause while Polar Lights definitely pays tribute to Aurora, fact is, it's a Round2 property and Revell/Monogram owns all the Aurora tooling.

I bet that's why Polar Lights says theirs is a REPRODUCTION - not a reissue - of the Aurora kit.

And as such, there may be some improvements...

OMG, Harry, I still have some of them too. Remember the lame jokes on the back sides of those things?

Yes! And on the later series of cards (the ones with photos from the Batman movie), the back of the cards had parts of an image that could be assembled into a giant photo of Batman, Robin or the villains.

To make some improvemants would pretty much mean a complete retool, which would mean a accurate kit. I would still want it in 1/25, not 1/32. I am a bit of a scale bigot I guess.