Model Cars Magazine Forum

Choices.... Finished. It's gotta Hemi in it!

Please anything but a boring Chevy in the old Ford Again. Don't people get tired of the cookie cutter 30's something FORD with a Chevy in it ? I guess Chevy never made a good enough Car body back then to have them today?

Haven't you heard, "Old Fords never die, the just get a Chevy small block."

Really, it should be a ford motor, Hemi's are for Willy's.

...and take those blue oval shades off and look around. There are ton's of old Chevy's out there, they just don't put Ford motors in them. Besides, Ford's didn't originally have a Ford motor, they had a Dodge Bros. drive train, hence the term F^&*edup Old Rebuilt Dodge.

Please anything but a boring Chevy in the old Ford Again. Don't people get tired of the cookie cutter 30's something FORD with a Chevy in it ? I guess Chevy never made a good enough Car body back then to have them today?

Haven't you heard, "Old Fords never die, the just get a Chevy small block."

Really, it should be a ford motor, Hemi's are for Willy's.

...and take those blue oval shades off and look around. There are ton's of old Chevy's out there, they just don't put Ford motors in them. Besides, Ford's didn't originally have a Ford motor, they had a Dodge Bros. drive train, hence the term F^&*edup Old Rebuilt Dodge.

Everybody has a right to their opinion 4BKT. If ML doesn't want to see another Chevy engine in a Ford he has a right to say so. He wasn't putting you, or Chevrolet down, so please, don't start a fight. Besides.... It's just a model. :lol:

Well.... Looks like the Hemi's got it.

Thanks to everyone who voted and added their help in deciding which engine should be in there. I was thinking of ordering a Ford Cammer, but I think i'll go with what I have here already.

I thank Bob and Les for finding those for me. I'll post some pics in the "on the workbench section soon.

Thanks guy's!

I know this wasn't a choice and you've already decided on a hemi but it would be nice with a 302 or 351 in it.

They are readily available and small blocks dominated the street and strip for a lot of years.

I just voted for the Hemi. In the real world that would be a really tough choice. Lotsa good reasons to use the Chevy but in the model car world, why make sense? Hemis are koool!

Of course, for a different kind of cool, I'm on board with Ed. Flatheads got class!