Model Cars Magazine Forum

Real or Model #91 FINISHED!

Real or model?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Real or model?

• Real
    • Model

George, ta get the REAL BLOOD CURDLEIN ACTION that this here game provides, ya really should vote early AND often!( I threw that'n in fer Harry, :lol: ) That way you can go the WHOLE WEEK jus wondrin if ya got ol Harry! And on Friday, you can finallly get ALL the stress off'n your'n shoulders an RELAX, chill out, and start wondrin wat he's gonna come up for Monday's R or M!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::blink::P:blink::rolleyes::lol:;)

Ahhh! Now I can spill the beans as to what made me vote real the second I saw this Belvedere!

In an earlier post--------the first I made in this thread, I mentioned there was a subtle but important body detail that to me sticks out like a sore thumb every time I see this kit built. It's not the builder's fault BTW, but the kit manufacturers that can't seem to get this right! I've also noticed this error in diecasts including the absolutely beautiful 1/24 Danbury Mint that was just released.

Here's the pic with my editing....................

ROM911-vi.jpg

I have the Revell '67 Belvedere kit and it's this detail that's prevented me from building it. The Revell body is way too flat across the rear roof and top window section. Unfortunately, the '67 Coronet suffers from this same malady as well.

Now some are probably rolling their eyes and thinking "So what??" Well, it's small things like this that can make or break a model to me. I could fix this, but then there's that crease in the C pillar that has to be done also.........not always an easy task.

The other details that you guys mentioned were correct also---------but it's this one that I noticed immediately. :rolleyes:

Jeeze Bill, I hadta run downstairs an pull these kits out ta check 'em out, an Durned if'n ya ain't RIGHT! You coulda been a sharpshooter in the Corp. Bro! That's just a little ol thing ta notice, but YOU did! Good note. I sure do like that GTX from Danbury Mint, it MAY be this years Christmas present from Joy! :rolleyes:

Jeeze Bill, I hadta run downstairs an pull these kits out ta check 'em out, an Durned if'n ya ain't RIGHT! You coulda been a sharpshooter in the Corp. Bro! That's just a little ol thing ta notice, but YOU did! Good note. I sure do like that GTX from Danbury Mint, it MAY be this years Christmas present from Joy! :rolleyes:

My Mom used to complain that I was a little too observant when I was a kid. But I can remember even noticing details on cars as a little kid in the '60's.

I can remember older folks quizzing me on what cars were on the street and I could get them right most of the time without seeing the name. :lol:

I'll have to check out the Danbury Mint GTX. I don't have that one. The '67 Belvedere/GTX is one of my all-time favorite cars! (My very first car ever was a 10-year old '67 Belvedere, so that car has a real special place in my memories...) B)

Ahhh! Now I can spill the beans as to what made me vote real the second I saw this Belvedere!

In an earlier post--------the first I made in this thread, I mentioned there was a subtle but important body detail that to me sticks out like a sore thumb every time I see this kit built. It's not the builder's fault BTW, but the kit manufacturers that can't seem to get this right! I've also noticed this error in diecasts including the absolutely beautiful 1/24 Danbury Mint that was just released.

ROM911-vi.jpg

I have the Revell '67 Belvedere kit and it's this detail that's prevented me from building it. The Revell body is way too flat across the rear roof and top window section. Unfortunately, the '67 Coronet suffers from this same malady as well.

Now some are probably rolling their eyes and thinking "So what??" Well, it's small things like this that can make or break a model to me. I could fix this, but then there's that crease in the C pillar that has to be done also.........not always an easy task.

The other details that you guys mentioned were correct also---------but it's this one that I noticed immediately. ;)

Never even noticed that on the kit, I didn't realise the real car had that rounded shape to the back window!

Wow, that is something I would've never picked up on. I do see curvatures in a lot of model car roofs, but as I'm not familiar with this particular classic, I couldn't say one way or another. But everything else about it said real to me. I didn't vote, but at least I guessed it right! Next Romday! Oh wait, I won't be home at all next week, heading out to California with Dad, two cars, two trailers. Convoy! ;)

Maybe the following week.

Edited by FujimiLover

Well Harry, Fuji(Mark) may not be here all week,BUT I IS!!! AND it IS ROMday, so's I's awaitin on ye,yungun!!! As ol as I is, I ain't got all day ta wait fer yas ta git yerns B-uty sleep in! I's not gettin NO yungur kidd-o, so HIT me Daddy-O! Slap me wit a Pic son, I ain't GOT ALL DAY!!!!!! :lol: ...... Oh, and Good Mornin, I trust you slept well? ;):huh:

ROM911-vi.jpg

The other details that you guys mentioned were correct also---------but it's this one that I noticed immediately. :blink:

Ever thought about a career in the police ?

You might even outshine the great Adrian Monk. LOL