Model Cars Magazine Forum

24 Heures du Mans

Yeah, the Lizards and Porsche, just aren't doing good, they said it wasn't their race ever since 15 hours to go, cryin shame.... :unsure:

Peugeot had gotten the bugs out from last year, Audi just hasn't had their day and with overheating. I do love the R15 than the R10. Aston has more top end, which is good here but since the rules on the cars aren't really THAT close, the diesels are still destroying it, they're good on shorter tracks/races.

P2 is fun too. :D

I love that Audi commercial and it's perfect! I chuckled. It's funny though, since it has a Lamborghini V10. ;)

Well, I taped the ending, but it ended how I pretty much figured it. I loved the race, it was really good this year, still the best racing. Nice to see Peugeot get it, they certainly deserved it, well done and nice to see Brabham also get the win for Pug. Wasn't Audi's day, but still took the podium and did well, beautiful car, just had the wrong stuff happen to them and it's nice to see one of the Aston's at least did well, 4th ain't too bad and I still love that car. This is probably the biggest win for Corvette in GT1, nice to see such a nice race and finish for their last in the GT1. I liked how they brought it in and cleaned it. I figured they were doing that. I think it's funny and cool, making it look good for the end. It's just so freaking cool and awsome to see that, and with the cars lining up with each other in the team while the race is still going on, it's just the best racing. What other series do you see that? Aston still had a good run with 3rd and still was competitive, nice to see that car even though there wasn't much coverage of it. It was a huge shame for the Murcielago, it would have been nice to see that run well. I wanted to see that race so bad I still love GT2, kind of sucks for the Porsche's but :blink: It's nice to see the Ferrari win this, big win for Risi especially, with 1 and 3. Ferrari taking 4 out of 5 places. Nice to see the US Ferrari team finish and do well, for their first time, it was a good race and finish for them. They did a stunning job and all that money raised. I really liked how well the Spyker did and it came in 5th with all that competition. Shame that there was no coverage of it, stunning car and a stunning performance, why not? GT class is still the best in my book, can't wait untill next year, even better.

With maybe some F1 teams switching over, who knows how the LMP and GT classes will be like. It would be mental to see Ferrari in LMP1, which them talking about it during the race and the way F1 is going, maybe! I don't know I think that, now this may be just me, but with them talkign about it, with the way F1 is going and with that Audi R10 commercial?? And it just so happens that Audi is in LMP1. I think Ferrari will do something! ;) With the rules changing a tad to make the diesels and gas more competitive with each other, it will be even better next year. I can't wait. Simply THE best. I love this racing and this series, nothing compares to the excitement of the 24.

Edited by Nick F40

Yeah, not quite as good racing as last year, as Audi got completely stomped by the Pugs.

I still like to know what happened to the Privateer Pug that was completely distroyed.

They are even talking a LMP3 class as well.

Just as long as we see some good competition; that's all I really care about. Congrats to Peugeot, I'm glad somebody stopped the Audi dominance. It's not that I dislike Audi. They were a dominant team because they earned it. But I think that the lack of competition has made the class a little boring. Same goes for GT1. I Love the Corvettes, but just watching 2 cars go around the track is not racing...its a test session. GT2 has got to be by far the most competitive class in the ALMS or LMS. I just hope that where ever this series goes, the racing is competitive. In this day and age with the wealth of different motorsports series and disciplines, the racing needs to be exciting in order to hold the fans interest. And that means side by side racing, with passing and lead changes on the track, not just the pits.

Just my 2 cents.

But what the hell do I know. These could all just be the ravings of a madman!!!!!

I loved seeing the Ferraris, Corvettes and esp. the green Aston Martins in the pits and on the tracks...didn't see much coverage of the Porsches in those classes.

The Spyker was a treat to see when it would appear. And what about the Ferrari that lost a tire and wheel in a corner? Fun race overall. I liked the occasional flashbacks to years past, esp. the Ford GT40s, and the Dan Gurney interview.

I feel a little down now that it's over. Congrats to Peugeot. I think the 908 is one of the most serious looking race cars ever. It hasbeen faster than the Audi's for awhile. I think Audi lack of real racing time with the new car did not help. After I finish about 1 and hours more I will have watched the entire race. I never get tired of it, the racing , the stories the work on the cars and the sheer history of this race keep me loving it. If you get on to Speed's online coverage it was very high quality video with full motion just like watching HDTV. It is a shame there isn't more(affordable)kits of these cars. Profil24 has a mockup already of the Gulf Aston-Martin. Great race, great cars on a great track. Here is a link to great site for pics and info on the race and sports car racing. Endurance Info Click on the British flag for English.

Edited by 935k3

I loved seeing the Spyker was kind of saddened that thye didn't even talk about it, you want to talk about a beautiful and great sounding car! Gurney for President!

Yeah, Tommy, that's why I love the GT2 class. With the Vettes going over there now, hopefully the BMWs can come next year along with the new Jaguars. There will definetly be good competition in the ALMS GT class, that's why I love it, the other classes, other than LeMans, don't really have it. Now in the LeMans Series, the 908s, Astons, and the Audi's have been running.

Dale, I love that site, now gives me something good to look at. I'm the same as you, I love the race, no matter what really. I definetly want to build more kits. My computer kept on glitching so it wasn't worth it but it was impressive looking, I do have to applaud Speed on that one. I just love the coupays better anyways.

I think if Porsche stepped up also, it would be a sweet battle. Ford needs to get their GT in the GT2, now probably just GT, class! See, about the GT class, that's what makes the FIA GT so absolutly awsome racing. I forget who it was that sat down with the president of the FIA GT and I think he should be the FIA president. He knows how racing should be and says that there is more interest toward the GT classes.

Edited by Nick F40