Model Cars Magazine Forum

Subaru Impreza WRC Monte Carlo

Swany

Just thought i'd make a little intro/showcase thread.

My name is Matt. I am an Avionics Technician in the Navy and i am currently deployed to Iraq. Picking up modeling to pass the time, and i am having a blast. This Subaru is the first model i have done since i was about 12 years old, so i'm still learning the tricks.

Anyways, here are some photos of during and complete. I felt i needed to photograph without decals, in case i totally screwed them up and turned it into a mess, but i think it came out okay.

Let me know what you think!

model2.jpg

model3.jpg

Model1.jpg

decals4.jpg

decals5.jpg

Currently working on a Ducati Desmodicci race bike. (Are those allowed here?)

NICE! that looks fantastic! and i love it with out the decals, it looks like the street version of the rally car! if i built it, i would have done one thing to the subbie! i would have lower the front to match the rear! but you did a really great job!

Brandon

NICE! that looks fantastic! and i love it with out the decals, it looks like the street version of the rally car! if i built it, i would have done one thing to the subbie! i would have lower the front to match the rear! but you did a really great job!

Brandon

Thanks for the feedback!

I thought the same thing about the front wheelgap, but most actual rally cars i have seen are set up like this. I thought about modifying the suspension, but i figured it being my first real project, that i'd stick to the plans, and get the feel for it.

Thanks for the feedback!

I thought the same thing about the front wheelgap, but most actual rally cars i have seen are set up like this. I thought about modifying the suspension, but i figured it being my first real project, that i'd stick to the plans, and get the feel for it.

yeah, i know. its so they have the clearence for rocks and stuff!

and i forgot sorry ;) MB! welcome matt! and semper-fi!

Brandon

:( I am in love! I really like how it looks with no decals but dang does it look good with them on. Very well done, how did you polish it?

and on the Desmodicci, HECK YES!!! I want to see that, that's one of my favorites.

No polish on this one yet. Any tips on polishing after decals?

Welcome to the forum, and I think you did an excellent job on that, including the decals. I think polishing now, especially over the decals, could rub them out. If you want, you could try to gloss up the decals by carefully using Future (floor wax) on them. If you can keep each decal you're working on pretty flat and level until it dries, a steady hand using a soft, wide brush will flow it on nicely, and it dries very evenly.

Thanks for the kind works, guys.

I'm almost done with the Ducati, and will post pictures here probably tomorrow, or the next day.

Just ordered another car that will have a little touch of flair. Aftermarket wheels, going to try a suspension mod, and a few deviations from the kit and i think it is going to be a ton of fun. It takes so long to get kits/paint out here! Hardly anyone ships FPO/APO, haha.

:(:angry: wow......it looks amazing already

I think i'm going to like your builds and for what your doing and building models, that's just awsome. :huh:

Haha thanks. I really don't deserve any credit. Just an aircraft maintainer supporting the guys outside the wire. They are the crazy, er... brave ones.

I think that if there were a list of top 10 worst places to build models, Iraq would be high on the list. It's so dusty here it's impossible to paint anything!

I got the bike all painted and put together, and i'm going to start the decals tomorrow. :huh:

Very cool man, love these little pocket rockets!!! Looks better without the decals!! ;);)

I agree. I plan on gettng another and recreating my 1:1, but 02-03 of course. Only thing is i need to find a set of wheels/tires that look like mine.

Matt, that's one great little ScoobyRoo and a well done WRC car at that. ONce you get back to your homeland U'll be able to do better as U'll be able to supa-detail. I would hate to be stuck in Iraq (not against it or for it) I know the job has to be done but U'r model building talents R wasted being overseas. I don't live in the U.S. but in Oz downunder and I think U R all doing a great job really but get home safely please and start building some terrific rally cars.

Dingo :lol:

• 10 months later...

Matt, that's one great little ScoobyRoo and a well done WRC car at that. ONce you get back to your homeland U'll be able to do better as U'll be able to supa-detail. I would hate to be stuck in Iraq (not against it or for it) I know the job has to be done but U'r model building talents R wasted being overseas. I don't live in the U.S. but in Oz downunder and I think U R all doing a great job really but get home safely please and start building some terrific rally cars.

Dingo cool.gif

wow thats a lot of decals but it looks great