Model Cars Magazine Forum

1980's IMSA MUSTANG

E St. Kruiser50

This was really a lot of fun for me :lol: .

The kit is really cool, and I built it pretty much out of the box. Been a while, but I think I needed to open the hatch, and I added a hinge.

Didn't like the box-art colors, so I used my "ARTISTIC LICENSE" to "Brighten it up" a bit.

It was white :lol: .

I added photoetch zeus fasteners, turned alum. pullys, MCG distributor, wired the bulkhead between the driver and engine, and sprayed it with Dupont urethane colors, followed by HOK clear-coat.

Right now I'm building the modified version of this, the black and gold JPS car of Finland, pretty much straight from the box too, except for...... :lol:

2009_0529Photobucket10036.jpg

2009_0529Photobucket10034.jpg

2009_0529Photobucket10035.jpg

Here's the one I'm workin' on now.

2009_0625Photobucket10011.jpg

Edited by Treehugger Dave

WoW Dave, does this mean you ACTUALLY read the instructions??? Most of your stuff is off the scale, so this does show you CAN build a "Normal" model! I can see though, ya jus hadta open up that Hatch, din'tcha! Looks GREAT, oh, an that's a REALLY nice paint job! :lol::lol: ( regular wheels too, man you sure did suprise us!!!) :lol:

Nice build Dave. A bit out of your comfort zone to follow the destructions is it not :o.

;):lol::lol:

Yeah Steve, something I never learned to do so well.

Every model car I ever built for the first 50 years was heavily modified. Even the very first one, a '32 ford high boy.

Couldn't ever imagine at the time why you would do it any other way :blink::P

WoW Dave, does this mean you ACTUALLY read the instructions??? Most of your stuff is off the scale, so this does show you CAN build a "Normal" model! I can see though, ya jus hadta open up that Hatch, din'tcha! Looks GREAT, oh, an that's a REALLY nice paint job! :D;) ( regular wheels too, man you sure did suprise us!!!) ;)

B):lol::lol:

Yeah George., I did everything wrong on this one :blink: . Read the instructions, used the stock wheels/tires, and built it outta the box.

Doin' the same on the next one too - COULD BE A NEW TREND..........NOT ;) .

• 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...