Model Cars Magazine Forum

Where do you buy futre floor wax?

It's now called "Pledge with Future shine", and I get it at the grocery store. You can find it anywhere floor cleaning products are sold.

Here is everything you want to know about it........

http://www.swannysmodels.com/TheCompleteFuture.html

And you might want to add your name in your sig somewhere :) .........

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20625

i object

in all my 21 years of living in the netherlands not once have i heard anyone ever refer to albert heijn as AH

other then that, interesting

Not to steal your post but I got a question, now that you have Pledge with Futur shine, what do you cut it with to airbrush it? or can you go right out of the bottle, to the airbrush?,

Sorry man, I just thought this would be a good question to ask, seeing how I'm looking for the Future wax stuff too.

Looks to me like his name is Jarred,

Edited by unforgiven

Not to steal your post but I got a question, now that you have Pledge with Future shine, what do you cut it with to airbrush it? or can you go right out of the bottle, to the airbrush?,

Sorry man, I just thought this would be a good question to ask, seeing how I'm looking for the Future wax stuff too.

Looks to me like his name is Jarred,

You don't have to cut Future with anything. It can airbrush right out of the bottle. I recommend though having a lower pressure than normal and quicker passes when spraying it as it can run pretty fast. :)

I normally spray around 20 PSI-------I'll cut it down to around 12 or so with the Future.

Since I use strictly automotive paints, I've sprayed it directly on the bare plastic with no ill effects.

Especially the newer kits coming from Revell and AMT and their "softer" plastic, have I done this.

I have gotten good results by wiping it on with disposable cosmetic pads. It can be waxed for extra protection although the only wax I have found that does not take it off when rubbing is Zymol. BTW Roadhog that bug is so real I tried to squish it on my monitor, I can't look at it too long or it drives me crazy.

Edited by 935k3

You don't have to cut Future with anything. It can airbrush right out of the bottle. I recommend though having a lower pressure than normal and quicker passes when spraying it as it can run pretty fast. :rolleyes:

I normally spray around 20 PSI-------I'll cut it down to around 12 or so with the Future.

Since I use strictly automotive paints, I've sprayed it directly on the bare plastic with no ill effects.

Especially the newer kits coming from Revell and AMT and their "softer" plastic, have I done this.

Thank you, Jerred I hope this help'd you too man, sorry.

That all you need to know artice was awesome. Some reading in there. LOL. But I got through it. I just got a dualm action airbrush and have quickly adapted to it and absoluttly love it. Getting better shines and started polishing my paint jobs for the first time. Now I have to try this!! I also will have to try it with the simple green as suggested. I do not have a dehydrator yet, but I am wondering how it would turn out if it was used in one? Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks. jody