Model Cars Magazine Forum

HIGHWAY MASTERS SCCA CAMARO

chris coller

I picked this up at my local flea market for $2. I am attempting to throw some detail at it as well. I am using Pro Tech braided line and carb, Detail Master fittings, a seat belt set from Studio27 and a few more things as well. It will be a wheels off style build. The torsion bars and radius rods will be from RB Motion when I get around to ordering them. The rear overflow tank is made from K&S aluminum tubing and sheet.

This is what you get after a week or so working on the car. The decals will be from Slixx although I have no idea what they look like because the don't have a pic of them on their site. So I will be surprised when the get here. So here you go

set1998.jpg

set11005.jpg

set11001.jpg

set11004.jpg

set11003.jpg

Edited by chris coller

;) Now, that's a darn fine start Chris....two thumbs up here.. ;)

I might hang around for this one, as I got one at about the same stage you are....just haven't been able to get back to it.... :P

Very much looking forward to seeing more...

cheers

Greg

• 2 weeks later...

Once again the awesomeness of your builds continues to amaze us mere mortals. If it looks this good in photos, it should be a knockout in person. Get 'r done for the Showdown! I also built the Hot Wheels Camaro when it came out, for Nick to display in his room. It didn't turn out that great, and thankfully he played with it and destroyed it. :):lol::lol:

Once again the awesomeness of your builds continues to amaze us mere mortals. If it looks this good in photos, it should be a knockout in person. Get 'r done for the Showdown! I also built the Hot Wheels Camaro when it came out, for Nick to display in his room. It didn't turn out that great, and thankfully he played with it and destroyed it. :angry:B):o

:o

Your is extremely nice, Trans Am was always the best thing to do with American cars! ;)

• 4 weeks later...

A small update on this project. I got some of the lines tied down. Got the front brake rotors/calipers all but buttoned up. I need to scratch built the hubs and lug studs and add some coil over shocks on all four corners. Also need to make the rear radius rods for the rear axle and as well as finish up the brakes. A few more parts and I can wrap this fun project up. Detailed the wheels with a white gel pen and decals from an Indy Car decal set. Here yo go

set11098.jpg

set11099.jpg

set11100.jpg

set11103.jpg