Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell tow truck

Custom Hearse

I'd call it "Hauling Arse" or something similar. :D

Ed's right about the dollies- there are some tows that you just can't do with any of the vehicles wheels on the ground. I had to tow a FWD car with a bad rear wheel bearing one night. Dolly time.

Ed's also right about the "V" company making some wierd stuff. The truck I primarily used (Didn't own it- drove for someone else part time for funsies and spare $) Had no boom- it was wheel lift only. But it had a winch. For extrications, I could attach a pulley to the wheel lift, raise it up high, and run the winch cable over the pulley. Weird, weird truck. I was told it was for parking garages and other limited height applications.

I guess we'ld call it a Heavy Hauler? ;)

Good looking blue.

gonna be one good looking truck and a fast one too..

Heavy dude... ;)

Thanks Rodney, I thought it would look good in blue. I've pretty much painted most of my kits black, thought it might be time for a change... :blink:

I'd call it "Hauling Arse" or something similar. :D

Ed's right about the dollies- there are some tows that you just can't do with any of the vehicles wheels on the ground. I had to tow a FWD car with a bad rear wheel bearing one night. Dolly time.

Ed's also right about the "V" company making some wierd stuff. The truck I primarily used (Didn't own it- drove for someone else part time for funsies and spare $) Had no boom- it was wheel lift only. But it had a winch. For extrications, I could attach a pulley to the wheel lift, raise it up high, and run the winch cable over the pulley. Weird, weird truck. I was told it was for parking garages and other limited height applications.

Haulin' something... :lol: I wonder how it would do at a drag strip... ;):lol:

Now that is one fast draggin waggin (CB slang). That thing looks great. I would love to build one of these kits, but all the ones I find are expensive. The wrecker body is a piece of art in and of itself. I'll be watching this one.

Thanks Lyle! You gave me a great compliment, and I learned something! :rolleyes:

Seriously though, thanks! I'm glad you think it's good.

Got some work done on the cab and interior tonight. I polished the body and added stepboards to it, and finished the interior. I glued on the the Chevy grill I got from the Revell Hot Rod Magazine street machine pickup, which in my opinion looks a whole lot better than the GMC grill that came with the kit. I extended the front push bumper down for a better look. All I have left is some detail painting, the engine, and the exhaust to finish up.

IMG_3480.jpg

IMG_3481.jpg

IMG_3482.jpg

IMG_3488.jpg

IMG_3489.jpg

IMG_3491.jpg

IMG_3490.jpg

More soon...

lol thats cool a Florida Tag. I have a Manatee one on the van.

You mean like this one? I figured I would use a Florida plate since I got this kit from you... :)

towjob4.jpg

:D

I've got the engine sitting in Westley's Bleche White right now to remove the mold release on it, then I'll paint it, build it, and install it...

Edited by Custom Hearse

Thanks Lyle, but the engine came with masking tape belts, and they don't look very good. The texture makes it look like there are cracks in the belt...

Here's an update...

I added marker lights to the roof, installed the engine(I can still add the belts to it, I just have to take the body off), added wiring and fuel lines, and cut out the hood for the scoop...

IMG_3544.jpg

IMG_3545.jpg

IMG_3546.jpg

IMG_3549.jpg

IMG_3557.jpg

Almost finished! B)

You mean like this one? I figured I would use a Florida plate since I got this kit from you... B)

towjob4.jpg

:D

I've got the engine sitting in Westley's Bleche White right now to remove the mold release on it, then I'll paint it, build it, and install it...

LOL I love it!