Model Cars Magazine Forum

What new project are you drooling to get your hands on?

Check this thread here for what may be on my workbench soon:

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.p...mp;#entry209915

The pic in my signature gives a preview as well.

This is largely a "parts box" build, from odds & ends in my stash, (plus parts from an extra 29 Ford pickup I hadn't built yet). It consists of the following:

1-AMT 1929 Ford roadster, (2002 reissue)-Original tool Ala Kart body, windshield frame, interior bucket firewall & fender unit, & the Dodge Red Ram Hemi. Extension of the bobbed rear fenders using the rear fenders from the stock fender unit cut to fit & bobbed.

2-Revell 29 Ford pickup-Frame, front & rear suspension, big & little wide WW. Possibly the optional mags from that kit.

3-Revell 49 Mercury custom-Possibly the chrome reverse rims if I decide against the mags.

4-AMT 57 Ford Fairlane kit-Steering wheel, (very popular rod accessory in the late 50's/early 60's), & rear axle, (obviously adapted to fit the transverse rear leaf spring from the 29 Ford), as I want a more up to date rear end.

5-AMT 53 Ford pickup-6 carb log manifold, carbs & air cleaners from the optional Desoto Hemi.

6-Lindberg, (ex AMT), 34 Ford pickup-optional custom grille.

7-Model T turtle deck from an old AMT, (I think), kit.

8-32 Ford grille shell from either the old MPC "Switchers" kit or an old AMT 32 Ford, (I forget which).

I'm sure that other projects will find their way onto the workbench also, but this idea really has me stoked!! :lol:;):lol:

B)

Personally, I'm waitin on Revel's 66 Impala. I built an original kit I got some time back,and I'd LOVE to do more, but they're so dam expensive I wouldn't spring for another one! With the new issue, I KNOW it'll be a KILLER and at the price they'll go for,I'll be able to build as many as I want!!! (66 was a GREAT year for Chevy,IMO!) B):lol::lol:

I'm doing the AMT Auto Transporter now, as it's a bit easier to put together than a conventional car, and and I just needed a change of pace.

It's a very interesting kit with its own set of assembly challenges. I've found that Testors tube cement is your best friend for this one. As I don't have any squares or squaring blocks, that stuff dries slow and takes a couple minutes to actually set up, so I can fiddle with it.

I'm just trying to figure out what to put on it now. I suppose it would be best to use all the same model year of something. I might also do something like a transporter for a dealer or moving company, I suppose.

Charlie Larkin

I have several projects started, mostly Mopar cars in various stages of completion. I do have one project that is beckoning though that I am really looking forward to sinking my teeth even further into and that is the Revell '69 Dodge Daytona. I had started it a few months ago but got discouraged when I couldn't seem to replicate the correct shade of red for the interior. After shelving it, I swapped some ideas with "Mr. Obsessive" here on the boards and from his suggestions I was able to find a decent match for the color I was looking for. I have dug the kit back out and am getting back to work on it in earnest.

As for totally new unstarted projects, I want to get busy on one of my Revell '49 Merc kits. I have a few sitting on the shelf and am slowly gathering ideas as to how I want to build this kit.

Well, between my Secret Project, a Trumpeter Monte Carlo and yet another '97 F-150, I really want to A. Start on my '66 442 convertible and B. my George Follmer Javelin.

This post brought up one of mine. The George Follmer Javelin. I have one I built so many years ago and want to rebuild it. Found the decals for it and just this weekend, found a magazine in Books A Million with the Javelin on the cover!!! It has a fairly nice article on the car. Something like Race Cars Monthly or such...

Aside from this one, I got a lot of em. I wanna do a '57 Ford Fairlane land speeder, a T-Bird Coupster, a Stude Verte, a 409 track nosed A roadster pickup, A '69 Pro-Tourino GT Coupe, a '53 Vette land speeder, a '32 highboy low buck drag racer, a Cameo project truck, an F1 Rat, a '53 Ford Truckster, I could go on for a long time. I have all of these sketched out on little pieces of paper covering a large cork board in my hobby room... Don't ask what I have on my bench. The list is about as long...

....Projects?....Projects?.....67 Chevy short bed fleetside with a chopped top,bed molded to the cab,cowl hood, tubbed and sitting on a modified Chezoom frame with a big block chevy in it. /// 65 Chevelle phantom sedan delivery,chopped top,no body chrome,sittin on an AMT 67 Chevelle pro street frame with a nascar frame /front suspension grafted on from the firewall forward,with a cowl hood and scratchbuilt fuel injected big block /// chopped,channelled pie cut de chromed 51 chevy with a pie cut hood and scratchbuilt grille /// 66 Nova; chopped top,front n back glass raked,cowl hood, pro street frame with front frame rails and suspension with 23" rallyes out back and 18" rallyes on the front /// 41 chevy coupe - chopped,glass raked,hood pie cut, tunnelled headlights and forward tilt hood sittin on a modified R/M 41 Willys frame with 'vette rear suspension, big n little rallyes with fat radials all way'round (this un's almost done) /// 67 Chevelle 2 door sedan delivery 'pro touring' painted black lacquer with a cowl hood and 20" and 21" rallyes,big block with scratchbuilt fuel injection; /// 41 Chevy panel chopped,no running boards,windshield laid back and rear doors laid forward,pie cut hood. Haven't figured where to put the headlights on this un yet, but removed them from the fenders /// Magnum wagon-2 door sedan delivery with the doors lengthened and the 'b' pillars raked with a T/A hood scoop and ground effects /// 35 Chevy three window street rod /// These are the ones that are currently on or near my work bench,I have 'bout 20 others in various stages of disarray/er,completion.....

On my screen saver there is a sweet looking 29 crew cab Ford pickup as soon as I get another29 Ford model I will start that. Also want to do a sectioned 48 Ford convertible. Have some others going that I need to finish and some others Started that i need to get back to. One and try my hand at the Big T when i get time as well.

Personally, I'm waitin on Revel's 66 Impala. I built an original kit I got some time back,and I'd LOVE to do more, but they're so dam expensive I wouldn't spring for another one! With the new issue, I KNOW it'll be a KILLER and at the price they'll go for,I'll be able to build as many as I want!!! (66 was a GREAT year for Chevy,IMO!) :D:lol:;)

now I want to get one too!