Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hemi Hydro Woody

nts

Good job Torgny! Too bad I won't be able to see it and the other models tomorrow at the BUCK model show. BUCK stands for: Builders of Us Car Kits. So as I've pointed out maybe a couple of times, if any of you guys happen to plan a trip to Sweden, let us know. Maybe there's a model show coming up. I can give you upcoming info.

A stunning tour-de-force. The chromed mills and fittings in the boat are immaculate! Were they rechromed for the build? And, surprisingly, no one had asked how the awesome wood graining was actually done - so I will: How was the awesome wood graining actually done?

Edited by gbk1

Using real wood on the boat and the sides of the car sure makes a difference. Nothing looks like wood, like wood does!

One thing to consider is that boats like that all had names in my experience, usually on the transom. (There all have registration numbers as well).

Very cool build! Love it!

A stunning tour-de-force. The chromed mills and fittings in the boat are immaculate! Were they rechromed for the build? And, surprisingly, no one had asked how the awesome wood graining was actually done - so I will: How was the awesome wood graining actually done?

It is real mahoganywood,small thin pieces made to build houses for HO modelrailroad.I Covered the boat ,and used a clear on top.Watch the whole story on a thread under "on the workbench".

Thanks for all nice replys./ Torgny