Model Cars Magazine Forum

VW Type 2 Surfmobile

Mr Nilsson

I´ve been lurking around here for a while so I thought I might share this one with you.

It´s my first airbrush paintjob and it was easier that I had expected, it´s not perfect but it´s good enough for me. :lol:

The roof rack is scratch-built and removable, it "snaps" around the drip rails.

The stinger-pipe is made out of an old brush.

Hope you´ll like it!

front2.jpg

front-4.jpg

rear-4.jpg

intrerior.jpg

/Manne

This is gorgeous man, I have 6 of these kits and I am planning on doing one in the near future. Congratulations on a job well done and welcome to the forum, make sure to share more of your work, I have a good feeling we will enjoy seeing more of it. :mellow:

Thank you for your comments! They really inspire me!

It´s actually my first finished build in 10+ years, so I don´t have anything more to share yet. But I do have "a couple" of projects on the bench. LOL

The stinger is made out of an old brush, I just cut the front section off and polished it. Quick and simple!

Pensel.jpg

/Emanuel Nilsson

BEAUTILUL build!!! It's RIGHT ON the money! I'm just AMAZED at just HOW WELL you guys 'cross the pond got our cars looks so down pat!!! Looks like somethin you'd see crusin down on Venice beach! GREAT BUILD! Oh, and WELCOME to the BEST Model Car Forum in the WORLD!!!! :D;)

Thanks for all your nice comments! I´m very glad you like my little beach-cruiser!

Here´s a quick tutorial on how I did the roof rack:

1.jpg

I used KS Engineering .040" brass pipe, but I´m sure piano wire will work just as good if not better.

2.jpg

I attatched a oversized strip of .015"x.080" Evergreen with some superglue.

3.jpg

When it had dried I cut off the excess at the top and shaped it roughly. I then glued on a strip of .030"x.030" Evergreen approximately .040" below the brass pipe.

4.jpg

Then I just cut it clean and made a radius at the bottom end.

This is a very rough example but I hope you get the idea!

Sorry for my English, I guess I need some more training! :D