Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mountain Dew Mustang Trans-AM

Brendan

Was working on this kit while building the Jag. This should have been finished a long time ago. Ran into some issues with the paint. Ended up spraying it the wrong color of green. So I had to start all over. Had to wait for the right green to come in. This is the third transkit I've built from BHP. All of his transkits use the Revell Monogram Mustang or Camaro kit. On this particular kit, I used the Whistler Mustang.

Excellent casting on the body and small pieces. The minimal flashing was easily removed. The rims for this kit are outstanding. Decals are nicely done, but very thin and easily torn. I only used setting solution to help the decals lay down flat. Would highly recommend buying BHP transkits.

The paints used were Tamiya's TS-26 (white), TS-35 (green) and a mix of TS-8 (6 parts) and TS-49 (3 parts) and 5 drops TS-44 for the red for the chassis. It was the closest that I could mix up. All were air brushed. Feel free to comment.

IMG_2365.jpg

IMG_2366.jpg

IMG_2367.jpg

IMG_2370.jpg

Major modifications to the Monogram roll cage to fit in the new resin roll cage. Along with the modifications to the axles to fit the disc brakes.

IMG_2100.jpg

IMG_2098.jpg

Looks great... :blink::lol:;)

I purchased this transkit at Sacramento NNL, will be building the Raybesto's version...decals by Slixx

have the Camaro as a donor

I guess ya don't have to put the engine in this thing

we'll have to park them altogether on the "Racecar Table" at the 2010 NNL West ;)

Thanks for everyone's comments. The thing that makes me laugh is that the paint scheme is green, white and red yet the color of the soda is kind of yellowish. So I don't know how they get the green, white and red for a paint scheme.

Curt, let me know when you get started on the kit. As there are some tricks that I can share with you in regard to getting the roll cage and fire wall low enough so everything fits properly. In regard to the motor, if you put it in, everything fits too high and hits the body. I do know of some people who are actually opening up the hood and putting in the motor and making it a full detail kit. I think that Gregg is one of the people who is trying to do that.

Man those look really nice. Where did you find the M/D decals? Did they come with the transkit? I love all the T/A kits that Revell did. With a clean and detailed build, like yours, they look sweet.

Danny :lol:

Thanks for the comments.

Danny, you can buy the Mountain Dew decals separately from the transkit. Here's a link to M & S Hobbies. Also Strada Sports carries them as well. If they don't have them in stock, just email them and they can get them for you.

http://www.mshobbies.com/servlet/Categorie...BHP+ENTERPRISES

http://www.stradasportsstore.com/BHPEnterprises.html

• 4 weeks later...
LOVE MUSTANGS, AND MOST OF ALL LOVE RACING MUSTANGS

AND THIS IS A GREAT RE CREATION OF A BAD ASFAULT RACER.

WILL DO ONE OF THE RAYBESTOS OR THE VALVOLINE CAR LATER.

THANKS FOR THE HELP ON MY WHISTLER MUSTANG.... :D

Thanks for the comments and glad I could help.