Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

community muscle car build anyone ?

diymirage

ok, done, can i join? im thinking of doing a challenger, becasue the chevelle will be finished soon...

Hello there,I'm also new I would like to get in on this,if there is still room, my name is Gary and not sure what i would like to build. It will be from the 70's!!

there is always room for a few more

(if i get my ct together i just might build a coronet superbee for this build as my second entry)

there are actually two members already with dual entries so there definatly is room in here

just let me know the exact make and model and well ad you guys to the list

as for a previous question about it being box stock or not...do what you want B)

this is my entry:

a 1971 hemi cuda with modified rear suspension, drag slicks, superbird wing, custom 6 inch tall AARC hood and under that a 426 hemi with a desoto firedome custom log intake with 8 seperate carbs :)

IMG00093-20100104-2054.jpg

make it asmild or wild as you want

as long as the body is a 2 door from the correct era

hey, no fair, you have a model in your model! LOL. Jody

I got some of these from a friend of mine and this is being built as I would have this car, so a light truck model is a must.

your coming along nicely kiddo :lol:

thanks Eelco, I have a few things to add and then it's done.

Looking really good Nick, that interior looks like it took some time to make.

not really it was a normal interior, painted and assembled, only things I really did were make 5 1/25th scale 8 tracks and a 8 track player, add a CB, add some photo reduced stuff, and some stuff I had laying around.

Nice work everyone.

Nick, that interior is stunning. I love the 8-tracks scattered. Do you have a 1/25 8-track player for it, too?

Charlie Larkin

Sure Do Charlie with a ZZ Top 8 track sticking out of it.

Well She's Done.

Satelitte031.jpg

Satelitte032.jpg

The rest of my pictures will be in the UnderGlass Section

Edited by Dukefan69'

More pictures coming soon. Chassis is almost finished. Blacked out the torque thrusts, and red lined the tires. When am I gonna get put on the list? Just curious.

as soon as you remind me what it is you are building again

i gues with over 40 entries one was bound to slip through

Well, I can finally put some pictures up. This, again is a Revell 1966 GTO.

I wasn't too happy when I opened the box, and discovered the decals for the redlines stuck to each other. Oh well, off they come, and I'll probably just use some dry-transfers from Shabo or S.E., Ltd.

DSCF0124.jpg

The exhaust was a pain, and I might need to reglue a piece of the front-end. It appears everything had the tiniest amount of warpage, and it was just enough to spring a lot of it. The exhaust, so far has been the worst part of this kit, as it has no positive locator points on the chassis plate. I still need to attach the shocks, but I'm trying to figure out how to do it, and again, lack of positive locators and poor instruction diagrams don't help.

DSCF0129.jpg

Top and front views of the engine. The engine in this kit is gorgeous, and even with just minimal painting, looks really good when it's done, and its assembly is very easy. I'm leaving the oil filler neck off until I'm just about done.

DSCF0131.jpg

DSCF0133.jpg

The interior was painted using Model Master Chrysler Engine Blue over white Tamyia bottle primer. I cleared it with Micro-Flat and Micro-Satin. I may give it a second coat of Mirco-Satin, as it's still a bit shiny.

DSCF0137.jpg

Various components awaiting assembly.

DSCF0138.jpg

Enjoy.

Charlie Larkin