Model Cars Magazine Forum

community muscle car build anyone ?

diymirage

Big changes since the last update. I slung some mud for the first time today!

-Front bumper delete

-Rear bumper delete

-Front valance molded in

-Rear valance molded in

-Mailbox was lifted up to clear blower

-Shaved door handles ( to create the look of fiberglass doors

-Shaved side markers

-Smoothed license plate bracket

Here it is before the hardcore bodywork started and I was test-fitting the body...

BarracudaProg2.jpg

BarracudaProg3.jpg

and after the shaving and molding. I'm still not sure if I'm going to "primer" the front valance or not...

BarracudaProg4.jpg

BarracudaProg5.jpg

BarracudaProg6.jpg

BarracudaProg7.jpg

I still plan on adding some sort of duck tail spoiler... Opinions?

looking good

i likes the stance

with the scoops on the side winders i would suggest slapping some rear louvers on that baby as well as a ducktail

or better yet...get a whale tail B)

Bruno, Great job with the BMF, wanna do mine on my car?...lol... nice job with the letters on the tires, what did you use to paint them with?

I used a brand new BMF sheet and this time it was way easier than before. My old BMF sheet was bad, I threw it in the garbage right after I finished BMFing the AMX.

For the tires I used a Trimbrite tire lettermate pen I got at Canadian Tire store. It's a bit tricky at first, I used some old tires to practice before painting those tires. It does a great job.

BTW, your Superbee's chassis looks awesome. Nice detail, that Superbee will look great!

A bit of actual progress! I'm changing direction on this one a bit...I'm going with the kit steelies and dog dishes, with whitewalls from my spare decal sheets. Going for more of a sleeper look, but it'll still have the 427, 4-speed, and headers leading to short exhaust dumps. Interior is going to be a silver-blue color, with dark blue flocking on the floors.

P1030431.jpg

Edited by Captain Obvious

going to be changing my entry to a 1969 Superbee

too bad your taking the buick out but i do love them superbees :blink:

Is there still time to join this build? My mind tends to drift when I read, so I didnt find an end date (didnt check all 15 pages yet), but It looks like most of you are pretty far along and I havent even started.

the due date is june 1 2010 so you should have plenty of time to get something going

(i had it in the first post but i lost some stuff in the change from forum styles after i edited it)

let me know what you will be building and i'll ad you to the list ;)

the due date is june 1 2010 so you should have plenty of time to get something going

(i had it in the first post but i lost some stuff in the change from forum styles after i edited it)

let me know what you will be building and i'll ad you to the list :lol:

So i have a 66 chevelle that was started but ruined the paint so I have to strip it off.Got a motor from a dragster I think its been a while, thats about all thats done.If not thats ok.

sounds like its plenty of work left

so i added you :D

Thanks for getting back so quick. Im going to build the Revell 1970 Dodge Challenger that my brother gave me for christmas.

i do love them challengers

i got a DAF 95 SSC and an ferrari enzo for Christmass :D

added you and your chally