Model Cars Magazine Forum

community muscle car build anyone ?

diymirage

I know I have a Revell 69 Dodge Daytona around here somewhere. I may have to get another one. Does anyone know if it's current issue?

Hey Craig, I don't think its in production now,,,I could be wrong though. I am pretty sure I have one of the old revell pro modeler kits of that car, cool kit I think it even has a few photo etched parts, grill screen in the front maybe, I would have to take a look and see but I am 99% sure I have one in the stash and the regular 69' Charger pro modler kit too. I will part with either if you need one.

I am in with a C1 Corvette.... pro-touring style

I ordered it this morning

got a year for it ?

(i like adding the years to the list)

also, make sure you put on the handbrake when parking on a car transporter

corvette_fallen_over.jpg

Edited by diymirage

Lets go with a '62. I will tell the driver to put the parking brake on when he loads it from now on... and to not drink on the job :D

cool, i added you to the list

you know, my parents bougth me a revell of germany car transporter

next time im heading up there ill by me a daf tractor to haul it with plates from the motherland on it

that will be my great ace in the hole agains the wifeys "only one model is allowed on display in the living room at a time"

:D

if it is fake they did well, there is some sort of liquid under the car

they did do a good job, but they left out one small detail, fiberglass wont break in a perfectly straight line :D plus it would of been all ripped up, I only know from when my cousin totaled c3 stingray :D

Corvettes are fun, but they arent meant for teenagers(except this one :P ) :D

Im not sure if the pic is fake or not, but I have seen it in real life. I own a transport company and I watched a guy do it with a chevy nova. He was backing it on and he tapped the gas a little to hard and it went right off the top and landed on it roof. I almost crapped my pants. lol

So here's a mock up of my 70 Chevelle. Going for a pro-touring kind of style. I grabbed the 454 for my Nomad build, but happened to have a Nascar Chevy small block, that I think I'm going to use. It's not big C.I.'s but I think it would be plenty of muscle.

At this point I've scratch built the roll cage and am working on getting the suspension right for the low stance I want.

Paint I have planned at this point is british racing green over black, for a dark look. Thanks for looking comments welcome and appriciated!

DSCN2064.jpgDSCN2066.jpgDSCN2067.jpgDSCN2068.jpgDSCN2069.jpg

So here's a mock up of my 70 Chevelle. Going for a pro-touring kind of style. I grabbed the 454 for my Nomad build, but happened to have a Nascar Chevy small block, that I think I'm going to use. It's not big C.I.'s but I think it would be plenty of muscle.

At this point I've scratch built the roll cage and am working on getting the suspension right for the low stance I want.

Paint I have planned at this point is british racing green over black, for a dark look. Thanks for looking comments welcome and appriciated!

looks like yer off to a good start

if your going with that dark a paint i would get some lighter rims to set it off though :D

When does this badboy kickoff?

the UPS website says my kit should be in my hands this time tomorrow...

Remington

then for you it kicks off tomorrow :)

i dont think we have an official start or due date yet

i did say we would have untill wednesday to vote on a due date so ill tally the votes for that tomorrow and make an announcement on that :)

The AMX's interior is done. It's not my best one, but it looks nice. I had some problems with the rattlecan paint I wanted to use, and had to strip the entire interior parts and start over. I used Testors CA wood paint thinned and sprayed with an airbrush. There's not much details in those old JoHan kits... but I really want an AMX!

6cf672b244.jpg

2cce06e17f.jpg

Also, while searching for suspension parts in the parts boxes, I found a nice pair of side pipes. Then I remembered seeing a lot of AMX's with side pipes back in the day... And while searching for reference pics on the net, I found out that "trendsetter" side pipes were optional on AMX's and also available as dealer installed. I'm not a fan of side pipes, but I think they look good on an AMX.

hey guys :angry:

like i said, we had until yesterday to vote for a due date and the votes are in

at 42.42 % of the votes and twice as much as the runner up our winning due date is......

june 1 2010

so...lets all follow brunos example and show some progress :lol:

(also, i think those side pipes would look awesome)