Model Cars Magazine Forum

community muscle car build anyone ?

diymirage

IF I get a bench - and I mean IF - I'm gonna enter this build with a '68 Firebird.

I don't have a bench either... just do like I do, build on the kitchen table. I spray paint the bodies and interior tub in the garage, and then everything else is brush painted and assembled on the kitchen table. I would like to have a bench, but there's not enough space here to have one.

Edited by Bruno

DSCN2069.jpg

That sits JUST RIGHT! Can't wait to see color on it.

IF I get a bench - and I mean IF - I'm gonna enter this build with a '68 Firebird.

Thanks Tim! I think so too! The back half was easy enough just have to mini-tub it. The front is going to need some modification to get it to sit that low and to keep the oil pan from sitting on the ground.

I've also got no bench. That pic was taken on my dining room table...it's all I've got to work on where I'm living.

could i get in on this i have a 70 challenger r/t

sweet, ill ad you to the list :)

keep us posted

I have a '62 Falcon Ranchero with the chassis from the '64 Thunderbolt and the twin- cam V-8 from the Phantom Vicky. It is a 2- door, and hey, every hot rod shop needs a parts chaser :D .

that would definatly work IF it is not fully put together yet

(its a build afterall)

speaking of builds

here is the update on mine

as you might know, ive been working on the hood and this is (almost) where ill leave it at

ill ad a small strip of styrene to the front bottom to keep it from bulging

i also slapped on a second coat of paint, this time i watered it down a little bit with some laquer thinner

it made it flow better and gives it some more gloss

let me know what you think :angry:

IMG00048-20091211-1622.jpg

IMG00049-20091211-1622.jpg

IMG00050-20091211-1623.jpg

I am in the process of deciding upon my next build, I am thinking about the '66 Lindberg Chevelle. If all goes well and I don't change my mind, I will be entering it here, the end date should be good for me. Good luck to everyone, once I start I will start posting pictures of the progress!! :lol:

You know what, I really like that bahama yellow paint on a '71 Cuda, and I have a '71 Cuda kit in my stash... that's the color it will be when I get to build this one :P

thanks,

the colour is RAF training yellow

(couldnt find the exact bahama yellow i wanted)

it is a flat paint but when mixed with some thinner it came out just fine

hopefully the clear coat will ad some more shine to it :lol:

I am in the process of deciding upon my next build, I am thinking about the '66 Lindberg Chevelle. If all goes well and I don't change my mind, I will be entering it here, the end date should be good for me. Good luck to everyone, once I start I will start posting pictures of the progress!! ;)

let me know when you are set on what you want to do and i will ad you :)

hey Eelco stupid question can I build my Li'l Red Exspress here? you were saying a truck was ok before and now I don't know, so I'm asking you.

i think the lil red express is taking it a little to far

the two "trucks" i allowed are a el camino and a ranchero, both of which are kinda in between a car and a truck (almost like an open fastback)

the little red express is a fullblown truck so id rather not have it in here

do we have a full list of what being crafted i would and im sure others would like to know whats being crafted

i keep track of everyone who wanted in and the cars they will be entering in post one on page one

it looks a little like this :lol:

01 diymirage: 1971 plymouth hemi 'cuda

02 wgflatliner: 1970 ford mustang boss 429

03 85firebird: ford talledega

04 porky : 1964 cutlass F-85

05 moonlit5hadow: 1979 chevy camaro 427TT

06 ken#5fan: 1969 yenko camaro

07 captain obvious: 1964 ford fairlane

08 lownslow: 1970 dodge challenger

09 bowtiebadboy333: 1970 dodge superbee

10 modellpularn: 1969½ plymouth Road Runner

11 charlie8575: 1966 pontiac GTO

12 ponyxpres:1976 ford mustang

13 thatoneemokid: 1979 chevy elcamino

14 kyledr330: 1969 dodge superbee

15 chevy70739: 1962 chevy belle air

16 bruno: 1969 AMC AMX

17 ron hamilton: 1964 plymouth fury

18 NJ wayne: 1964 pontiac GTO

19 beefheart22: 1978 pontiac firebird 403

20 ryan S: 1970 chevy chevelle

21 plasticfrog: 1969-71 oldsmoblie chevellontearo

22 MSUfan1981: 1969 pontiac GTO

23 brian fishburn: 1967 mercury cyclone

24 remingtonbox: 1962 corvette C1

25 jason vandergriff: 1969 chevrolet corvair

26 coolcar429: 1970 dodge challenger R/T

Edited by diymirage

Ok here is my first update on the 70 super bee. Well I've changed plans alittle bit. Well I put a HUGH gash in the roof with windows from a caddie and I was mad!! Than I tryed making a vinal top and screwed that up, so I just desided to chop the top completely off. I am using wheels off a dicast that I've been wanting to use on something for awhile. The rear end will probly be up a little higher and the front a little lower but you gett the idea!! I'm debateing on painting it black or charcol grey (same color I did the apocolypse in) with a red strip around the rear. I desided to ditch the 440 for someting a little more moderen, a 6.1 L HEMI from a magnum! :( I also have to tub it a bit beacuse of the rear wheels. So here are the pics!!

sonoma601.jpg

sonoma603.jpg

sonoma605.jpg

sonoma607.jpg

sonoma609.jpg

sonoma610.jpg

sonoma612.jpg

Thanks for lookin.