Model Cars Magazine Forum

community muscle car build anyone ?

diymirage

Wayne, Looking really good so far, I like the white and red combo. For your ram air my thought would be to use a straw and wrap the straw with johnson and johnson medical tape and paint it black. Go with the K & N combo. Just my two cents.

Edited by kyledr330

Ok so heres the front suspension pretty much done minus shocks n small detail.Its all scratch built so its goin slow and still have to finish the rear suspension. ;) This whole scratch building is kinda new to me but I think its alright.It looks a bit high but well see I guess.Not sure how much more to add to the front chassis.Ideas n suggestions?Just dont tell me to redo it. :blink::lol:P1060773.jpg

hey walther

welcome aboard

some of what you have asked for (turbos/intercoolers) are scratchbuild

however, there is an australian company (i think it is called the partsbox) that does sell resin cast turbo kits

as for most of the the other stuff (engines and go fast goodies) even thought they are sold seperatly most of those can be obtained by buying and building kits that can be build in several ways and saving the extra parts

for instance, revell has a 1969 dodge charger that comes with both the stock 440 magnum and a race 426 hemi in it

there is also a modified stocker 1953 ford F100 truck that has the stock flathead engine and a desoto firedome hemi

the desoto has 2 different intake setups so when i build that kit i slapped the flathead in the truck

IMG00039-20090620-2120.jpg

(the velocity stacks were optional parts from a mustang kit)

then i build the desoto with the fuel injection as a display engine

IMG00029-20091129-1943.jpg

and finally i used the log manifold from the desoto on the 426 hemi cuda

IMG00102-20100105-1616.jpg

so in short

keep building those models and the parts will show up eventually

if your in more of a hurry do "junkyard" searches on ebay

that should be your cheapest bet

also, there is the wanted area here on the forum where you can trade of those parts for parts you like better

one final suggestion

look for a 1970 dodge coronet superbee prostreet kit

(the green or yellow car on the box)

youll find some awesome goodies in there

THANKS FOR THE TIPS I GUESS I JUST HAVE TO BUILD UP MY COLLECTION A BIT . FUNNY I NEVER THOUGHT THAT I WOULD BE LEARNING ABOUT ENGINES BUILDING MODELS . THANKS ALOT I THINK I SAW THE SUPER FOR LAST TIME I WAS AT THE HOBBY SHOP I'LL LOOK INTO GETTING MY HANDS ON IT

THANKS FOR THE TIPS I GUESS I JUST HAVE TO BUILD UP MY COLLECTION A BIT . FUNNY I NEVER THOUGHT THAT I WOULD BE LEARNING ABOUT ENGINES BUILDING MODELS . THANKS ALOT I THINK I SAW THE SUPER FOR LAST TIME I WAS AT THE HOBBY SHOP I'LL LOOK INTO GETTING MY HANDS ON IT

not a problem :huh:

just take it one kit at a time and you'll get there

also keep in mind that we're all a good buncha guys here

so if your kit comes with wheels you dont like trade em of

if it has the wrong engine....trade it

or maybe it came with some slicks someone needs and you can trade em for a blower

and so on and so forth

not a problem :D

just take it one kit at a time and you'll get there

also keep in mind that we're all a good buncha guys here

so if your kit comes with wheels you dont like trade em of

if it has the wrong engine....trade it

or maybe it came with some slicks someone needs and you can trade em for a blower

and so on and so forth

Hey diymirage

Yeah man no problem i'll will enjoy and provided thanks i have some kits wating but this rain is killing me

i still havent steped it into the mods im still in the stock out the box level but i want to get into the mods alot more

thanks for the tips and the help

Hey diymirage

Yeah man no problem i'll will enjoy and provided thanks i have some kits wating but this rain is killing me

i still havent steped it into the mods im still in the stock out the box level but i want to get into the mods alot more

thanks for the tips and the help

gotta start somewhere bro

keep in mind this is a great place for advice so when you are ready yo go past the OOB builds you will be able to find the awnsers to your questions here

it is kinda like swimming

you just start by getting your feet wet

nothing to major at first, maybe try slapping in some engine mods or a few body ad ons

just take it one step at a time :)

Ok so heres the front suspension pretty much done minus shocks n small detail.Its all scratch built so its goin slow and still have to finish the rear suspension. :) This whole scratch building is kinda new to me but I think its alright.It looks a bit high but well see I guess.Not sure how much more to add to the front chassis.Ideas n suggestions?Just dont tell me to redo it. :blink::lol:P1060773.jpg

The shackles look like it will give a nice high nose in the air look, but if you are doing a gasser, thats perfect! I think the work you have done looks great! I look forward to seeing more! Jody

i know of 2 people in this area with a hurst olds with sunroof! theyre cool!

looking good guys;

my charger paint, and interior is fineshed (except the hood) and the engine is undergoing some modeifications, as is the hood;

minus the aircleaner (needs black) the challlenger engine is finished, and the chassis is to. interior is no wheres near finishing

chevelle paint chasssis and intirior is done. really need some work on th engine.. and have to make a scrathbuild exhaust. im not letting anyone know what kinda engine it is until the whole car is finished.

Kyle: Thank you! I guess the hoses weren't so much a problem as making an air filter box (whatever you wanna call it) that looked good on top of the 3, 2 barrels.

I saw a tip on making hoses, I think it was here actually, where you wrap some thin wire around plastic rod or a piece of sprue (like you're making a spring) and then you wrap teflon tape over it. Turns out looking real good.

I might try making something again. Just been real busy.

Dave: Thanks! You can still use the red/white too! Don't let me stop ya. One of my favorite color combos!

I actually couldn't decide if I was gonna go with black, red, or white so I let my girlfriend pick the color. She has good taste!

Yeah it's 1/24 scale. Older monogram kit.

First off, everyone's builds look great!

Second, I think I'm going to withdraw my Fairlane from this build for now. I think I chose a subject that I was not very passionate about, so I don't really have the ambition to work on it. If I find something else that really lights the fire under my azz, then I'll rejoin. Have fun, everybody! :rolleyes:

Made some small progress on my Super Bee project...

I scratch built the steering wheels, as you can see on the second pics. I think it

looks more realistic. Will see when it is painted... ;)

45503315.jpg

It is made in 15 parts, need to add the turn signal and key knob... :)

20853726.jpg

Thank you For looking!

Finally finished with my '69 Super Bee! Here is what I did to it, color is Dupli-color Electric currant red. I added flocking, floor mats, seat belts, and real wood to the dash. Engine got a oil dipstick, brake lines, heater hoses, and battery cables. I am glad to be done with this 1984 kit, the decals were in poor shape and the parts all need to be sanded and heated back to shape. I think my next Super Bee is going to be the reissue of this kit. Thanks for all the great comments along the way of this build, it was fun.

post-4935-12643571336416_thumb.jpg

post-4935-12643571464283_thumb.jpg

post-4935-12643571581919_thumb.jpg

Edited by kyledr330

Guest Mustang3.8

I've started some work on my '72 Olds. I have the engine and trans assembled. I will spray paint them individually. I'm still in need of a junker '70 Monte Carlo body for the roof. Pics coming, soon.

Finally finished with my 69' Super Bee! Here is what I did to it, color is Dupli-color Electric currant red. I added flocking, floor mats, seat belts, and real wood to the dash. Engine got a oil dipstick, brake lines, heater hoses, and battery cables. I am glad to be done with this 1984 kit, the decals were in poor shape and the parts all need to be sanded and heated back to shape. I think my next Super Bee is going to be the reissue of this kit. Thanks for all the great comments along the way of this build, it was fun.

The color of yours looks close to mine after i clear coated it,And i am also using Dupli-color paint on mine.