Model Cars Magazine Forum

New "TV Tommy" Ivo Dragster re-release

I got an e-mail from Round2 today annoucing the re-release of the "TV Tommy" Ivo front engine dragster kit. List price is $19.99. I wonder how many places will put $24.95 prices on it like the latest Revell kits are going for. I've never been a big fan of rear engine dragsters, but the old AA/FD dragsters from the 60's stir my soul because I remember them and smelled their nitro. :D

Gary

I got an e-mail from Round2 today annoucing the re-release of the "TV Tommy" Ivo front engine dragster kit. List price is $19.99. I wonder how many places will put $24.95 prices on it like the latest Revell kits are going for. I've never been a big fan of rear engine dragsters, but the old AA/FD dragsters from the 60's stir my soul because I remember them and smelled their nitro. :lol:

Gary

Im so ready for this kit to be released its not funny...

Hi guys, tell me about it....the prices have gone nuts....and in my area nothing new ever shows up,except tuner cars which i dont care for so when i can manage to buy something to work on i have to go to e bay....double ouch! i just dont understand why the kits have gone up so much? i remember when the kits were great 3 in 1s , and not so thin that its fragile enough to get damaged in its own box. i can remember buying kits like these for $ 1.99 ? and wouldnt mind paying more with-in reason if they were more like they use to be.....almost makes you feel cheated over it all at times,omitting options,parts,ect. ,not to mention most shops will not return an open kit....how are you going to know the condition of it without opening it????? mark

Hi guys, tell me about it....the prices have gone nuts....and in my area nothing new ever shows up,except tuner cars which i dont care for so when i can manage to buy something to work on i have to go to e bay....double ouch! i just dont understand why the kits have gone up so much? i remember when the kits were great 3 in 1s , and not so thin that its fragile enough to get damaged in its own box. i can remember buying kits like these for $ 1.99 ? and wouldnt mind paying more with-in reason if they were more like they use to be.....almost makes you feel cheated over it all at times,omitting options,parts,ect. ,not to mention most shops will not return an open kit....how are you going to know the condition of it without opening it????? mark

Yes that's true, but the price of a gallon of premium gas was less than 50 cents, & a real expensive car was in the neighborhood of $3,000. Unfortunately the cost of plastic has skyrocketed with the price of crude oil, the thing that burns me is they moved the plants to China to save money, & then have to jack up the prices because the cost of shipping has gone out of sight. Bring back the tooling to the U.S. save on the shipping, & put a few of the people that buy the things back to work. this would also help in the lapse time to get something new to the market, because it wouldn't have to go through the shipping channels so much, & wouldn't have to wait on a translator to get the idea across on what is actually being built, as I doubt if the average Chinese worker has ever even heard of a '53 Studebaker, much less know what it is supposed to look like. It is problems like this that give us kits that contain parts for a '70 or '72 GTO when the kit is supposed to be a '67, the crate that the tooling was in was probably labeled GTO, & since no one knew the difference, they just lumped it all together in one poor lump of plastic.

I just opened a Revell 56 Chevy California Wheels edition last night that I bought at a toy show a couple of weeks ago. At first glance I thought "man this thing's got a lot of parts". Then I looked closely at it and noticed one of the bags is the 57 BW interior stuff. Then I notice the chrome trees are from from the 57. It also has the bag from the 57 with the hood and radiator supports. There are 2 bags of what I think are the correct clear trees for the 56 in it, but I'm not sure because the instruction and decals are for the 57. Then I noticed there is no 56 chrome tree. I think I'll be having a chat with Revell on this!!!

Cap

Edited by capsgs

Yes that's true, but the price of a gallon of premium gas was less than 50 cents, & a real expensive car was in the neighborhood of $3,000. Unfortunately the cost of plastic has skyrocketed with the price of crude oil, the thing that burns me is they moved the plants to China to save money, & then have to jack up the prices because the cost of shipping has gone out of sight.

Yes, but they're not paying the shipping, we are. They are making more money by reducing the manufacture cost and passing the shipping cost on to us. Of course, they may just trying to stay in business and avoid shutting down like so many others have had to do.

I just opened a Revell 56 Chevy California Wheels edition last night that I bought at a toy show a couple of weeks ago. At first glance I thought "man this thing's got a lot of parts". Then I looked closely at it and noticed one of the bags is the 57 BW interior stuff. Then I notice the chrome trees are from from the 57. It also has the bag from the 57 with the hood and radiator supports. There are 2 bags of what I think are the correct clear trees for the 56 in it, but I'm not sure because the instruction and decals are for the 57. Then I noticed there is no 56 chrome tree. I think I'll be having a chat with Revell on this!!!

Cap

Hmmm. This must be the new "Kit Modder's Series" kits I've been hearing about. Yeah, right. But it does sound like a good bonus for the ol' parts box.