Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Holy Grail" Models?

I'm sure if I'd think about it, I could have a list 10 pages long of "Holy Grail" kits, but here are a few of the most inmportant.

• 1974-76 Trans AM-One of very few styles I don't have of a Gen 2
  • 1978 or 79 Trans AM Type K Sportwagon
  • Monogram's 1/16 scale tractor trailers-Any of them would do, but I would really love to have the blue Kenworth Aerodyne I had as a kid and the trailer to go with it

It is ironic just a couple weeks ago I did get one of my "Holy Grails" scratched off the list, MPC's 1/16 scale General Lee. That was the first model I ever built and wanted to replace it ever since I'd lost the original in a house fire in 1997.

By "Holy Grail" do you mean kits that we already own or kits that we have yet to obtain? For me, on kits that I already own, it would be a toss up between my two Renwal visible chassis kits or my Monogram 1/12 Mean Maverick funny car kits. As far as kits I have yet to obtain, it would be the Aurora Racing Scenes VooDoo Vega complete funny car kit and the Pinto complete funny car kit. I have the rest of the entire series, just need those two!

The Aurora Racing Scenes stuff is something I wish could be redone. I bought a sealed VooDoo Vega a few years ago so that's off the list, but the rest would be nice. I also would like the Snake and Mongoose rear engine cars reissued. There are quite a few Tom Daniel kits I'd love to see as well.

The Monogram 1/32 gassers were VERY cool too! I think there were at least 3 of em. All the Museum Pieces and Early Iron cars reished would also be sweet.

Bob

Mine would be the following...

Johan 60s Hearses.

Johan 66 Chrysler 300 HT.

Normatt Winnebago motor home.

68-70 Bonneville HTs.

Any 60s station wagons I don't have.

Resin 64 Bonneville 4door wagon conversion.

and to find parts for my dads old models they need.

I have trades.....?

Edited by disabled modeler

Well, I just noticed that there was another I had forgotten about, the original AMT "Back to the Future" time machine. Strangely enough, I remembered it was one of my "Holy Grails" I'd forgot when a friend gave me a plastic tote today (well yesterday now since it is technically Monday now :lol: ) that was filled with models from when he tried modeling in the early 90s and that was the first kit I seen!!! I about fell over in shock!!

Mine would be the '60 El Camino made by Revell.On the box art the car is painted green with scallops

Uh George , I'm quite sure you meant to say a 57 Ranchero. If you are referring to a Revell. Now meanwhile , A M T did issue both the original and it's first Re-issue in the same art work using a Green /W scolloped 1960 El camino .

Now my Grail above all the stuff out there an money wern't an object , Uh a Monogram Futuresta by Daryl Starbird .......... Ed Shaver

i have to agree on the sizzler; been trying to score one for a reasonable price (i would gladly give 100 for one in a good box but yeah like good luck with that!) for a couple years now and havent even come close. i love that out-size hemi in there.