Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

post apocalyptic community build

Blake Rogers

Been doing some forum research and have decided to forgo my normal, armor-type weathering in favor of salting. If you don't see any more pics of the Ol' Monaco, it means I have thrown it across the room in frustration and am on my way to Cranky's house for tutoring! LOL!

I am leaving the computer now to put on the second coat of stippled rust in prep for the "Morton's Method" aka salting...

Fingers crossed, here we go...

If I'm not back by this evening it means I have decided to take up flower arranging instead! :unsure:

Godspeed,

Mick

Well, hmmmm...ummmm...

apoc1-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

apoc2-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Monaco with stippled rust layers, awaiting salting.

apocaliptic002-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Initial painting of interior. Seat is not attached. Highlighting, shading and weathering to follow. Also visible are items (not weathered) to be placed inside.

apocaliptic007-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Salting test on my son's camaro model, no rust coat. The top turned out well but I went a bit heavy on the deck lid. I'm sure with a more judicious use of the salt I can get the effect I am looking for.

Jeez, I was SO looking forward to arranging flowers...:lol:

Godspeed,

Mick

Since nearly everything I do has to be an elaborate over complicated affair, I've decided to once again, create a back story for this build. You all can follow along, if you wish...

Chronicles of the 'Wheelman' – day by day account of one man's survival in a post-apocalyptic world.

Day 1:

Packed some food / water/ clothes in the Magnum & set off for the wilderness. I think I'd be better off hunkering down somewhere where there is little in the way of these raging zombies. I'm headed west w/ as much fuel As I can carry.

Day 3:

Traveling during the daylight is WAY safer than at night. The zombie sare out in force @ night. I haven't killed any yet, but I also have little in the way of weapons, other than the car itself. It's been hell trying to get out of the city, as there aren't many roads that aren't jam packed with abandoned vehicles. I have snagged some stuff from a hardware store for protection, like pipes, a machete, and some otherstuff to fend off the evil. Not many humans around much anymore; I think they are all dead or have run out of town.

Wow, this is soooo cool! I am looking forward to further install ments! Maybe you can work in a few of the builds as you encounter them on your quest for survival! Keep up the Saga!! B)

Here we go me loves seein new stuff :lol:

ya same here it took a while but meh its all good i opened the grill on the goat and the area on the bottom of the bumper i know in real life that area is open but for the grill i am going to be doing something to it weapon wise well i have a few ideas lmao so ya i am very busy these days so ill be working on this one soon plus i need a work area and after moving like 3 times in one month lol my projects got put on hold!!! i got two more "things" lmao i want to build so stay tuned guys!!! Edited by moparfan426

This is the Dodge Im working on. Using monster truck springs for the lift, and I have some Irocks from So Real that I want to use. It has a 50 cal on the top of the cab along with some flood lights pointing off to the sides. The bed has been cut down to have two gunner positions with either 30 cal or 50 cals(dont know which I want to use) then I have 3 barrels that will hold extra fuel, water and oil, and last but not least it has the working end of a tow truck to either help out someone who has some problems or to open those stubborn locked doors and gates that we may find along the way...lol

Let me know what you think.

100_3570.jpg

100_3568.jpg

100_3575.jpg

100_3577.jpg

100_3569.jpg

Thanks

Gary