Model Cars Magazine Forum

post apocalyptic community build

Blake Rogers

Fabulous progress, folks. That truck has the perfect look. I'm assuming you are using 1/35 scale tracks for it. It looks just right for the build. Excellent.

Keep it going, chaps.

The 55 looks mean up on those skyscraping tires . . .

More, more, more . . .

OK Cranky here is your more more more! :D:P So I primered it to see my bad spots and also to get more ideas... I worked on it more and actually got my engine installed and also a TON of mock ideas that finally ended up in the fabrication of the front axle assembly. I also made the interior with seats for the navigator, driver, cannon operator, machine guns, and tail gunner. Fuel cell is in with protection. I decided to rip out my mock armor as I was not happy with it. It has to sit for a bit due to the stress of the front end so more to follow... Enjoy! 0203101252.jpg0203101252a.jpg0203101407.jpg0203101418.jpg0203101424.jpg

well I was going to join this, to try something new but just don't have time, I ahve so many other builds and build off's that I'm just overwhelmed!!! I was going to enter a 66 chevelle wagon on chevy monster truck suspension, but I just don't have the time, which sucks! Looks like fun!!

Work and real life get in the way . . . .

The progress has really slowed down during these last stages of weathering and detailing.

Here's a bit of progress with the pastels and that sheen finally gone . . . and I detailed a bit of the weapons too . . .

IMG_2600-vi.jpg?1265332748

I also added a few rub-on decals . . . and chipped them off a little . . .

IMG_2601-vi.jpg?1265332751

I'm very pleased with the way the engine turned out and some of the battle damage to some of the weapons . . . .

IMG_2602-vi.jpg?1265332754

Stay tuned in for the final round of pictures . . .

Cranky It's looking Horridly Beautiful! :blink: I have to say as we are on the same side of the battle you are my competition and I have to say in a non bias opinion this is (IMO) the best build 2010 so far. The way you can change things out is awesome and the creativity of the engine is fantastic. I tip my hat sir :angry::(

Here is my update. Not a whole lot done today as I finished another project to put under glass and I almost finished my 76 stepside Chevy. Today I did another round of bodywork ( It never ends :( ) I also started the "salt" process as I am eager to learn any new ideas in modeling. This thing cant't dry fast enough so I can paint it and add the rest of the weapons and supply area. Oh and here is the donor kit and yes it's 1/35 ( Tamiya ) Enjoy! 0204102255.jpg0203100723.jpg

Cranky you are the god of rust.I am speechless on all your builds. Man,I feel like a little fish in a very big pond.But this subject alway brings out the best in all I think.Here are some pics of mine before I got ok'ed in this.You guys are gonna need some fuel now arent ya.

• Picture001.jpg
  • Picture002.jpg
  • Picture005.jpg
  • Picture006.jpg
  • Picture009.jpg

You know, this is exactly what happened a few years ago when Tommy May started a similar thread at another forum. There were at least 37 folks building some amazing machines. It's happening here again. Keep it going. It's never too late to join the fun. :(

That was a great experience. I was really glad to be a part of that. I also had my build sent to Birmingham for the big post-apoc convoy at that show. Very cool stuff. Here's hoping this gets as many people involved.

Ok so I have a new camera and new pics!!!! I will post more later on tonight do to my heavy Zombie Guard drying on the front right now. So I'll show the inside while I eat dinner ;) My salt try was an EPIC failure but I used it for heavy corrosion that resembles rust blistering through the paint. Unfortunatly I think the last crew with this rig took some damage it seems. Thats ok though this crew is building this up heavy for the battle from the west side to meet up across the country with the other zombie fighters... More to come and Enjoy! distantIntnew.jpgfuelcellcagenew.jpgIntfrontnew.jpg

Here is the exterior update. Its Big Bad and Ugly, Rude and Crude and it;s coming out perfect. I left the salt for the bubbled paint look like its really rusted and they painted over it. Now with paint and mud all over it I am very pleased so far. As Always, comments encouraged and Enjoy! driverroofnew.jpgpassnew.jpgrearporchnew.jpgfrontgrillnew.jpg