Model Cars Magazine Forum

post apocalyptic community build

Blake Rogers

Here is some body progress. I wanted it done today to hit it primer but oh well. Got to dig through a lot of parts to use on this and come up with ideas and I also made up my mind on the front tires as well as the axle for the front. Mind you I have never kit bashed a body before in my life and thats all I have is the truck bodies and tank. This truck will be all misc parts from the junkyard so here we go, I filled in the back wheel wells and I'm in too deep like Cranky.. B) all or nothin...post-5372-12650919972809_thumb.jpg post-5372-12650920455218_thumb.jpg post-5372-12650920728883_thumb.jpg post-5372-12650920884636_thumb.jpg post-5372-12650921618826_thumb.jpg

Brian--part of the fun of this kind of build is to kitbash. Remember also that the look you want is that "cobbled" look, using all sorts of different parts . . . don't be afraid to think outside the box . . . and have fun . . .

I really like the way this vehicle is looking, high up on the tracks, etc . . . plenty of room for all kinds of parts. The roof of that thing is a great canvas. Go crazy, buddy. Have fun. Keep us posted with progress.

Well, I tried the salt technique with rattle can enamel and it worked...so..so. I am gonna try a few other things as well.

Cranky, ya gotta make sure them zombies is double-dead! ;)Nightingales Corpse Removal picked one up by accident and it was a hoot watching the poor thing trying to get out of the body bag! Finally we just had to dump it in the purple pond to drown! LOL! :D

LOL!

See, ideas begin to circulat and once you start building one of these machines, you can't stop. I can see already a Zombie Hearse picking up the dead and cleaning up the streets!

Love it.

Hope more people are making progress. Keep your builds going, please.

We need more more more . . . more eye candy on this thread!

Let's make this thread explode!!! :D;):lol:

Here's a bit of progress for tonight . . . thanks for tuning into the ###### Cranky's Workshop . . .

Wow, this is an extreme closeup of the engine . . . but it shows all the Gizmology at work . . . .

IMG_2594-vi.jpg

Here's a normal shot . . . after which I realized the right headlight bezel had come off revealing that there's really not lights in there! :D

Boy, that ###### Cranky sure knows how to cheat building these things . . . it would probably drive contest judges crazy!

IMG_2593-vi.jpg

Ok here is today's progress after figuring out PhotoBucket woohooo!!!! B):lol::D So lots more body work was done and I'm soon to hit primer stage so I started some weapons that I wan to primer also. The body is not perfect and I had to tell myself this is for post apac build not a show truck so I want it imperfect. Today I added a hatch and the beginning of window armor as well as protective roof mount windows for the tail gunner and a navigator up front. The passenger side windshield will be all armor as well. Enjoy! startweaponstop.jpgstartweapons.jpg

nice work so far guys!

the thread originator is going through some real life issues and probably won't be back on for a bit, but as i promised i'm posting it up to let you know.

oh, and i'm going to start my build soon, as i'm still in "acquiring" stage.

here's an idea:

my subject is the 55 pro sportsman. without the chassis that came with the kit of course.

i need to do a full "oil" weathering on it, along with the armor plating, bullet holes, etc.

i basically did random white, gray, and black primer in spots, applied the supplied decals plus a devil decal, and did a final dull coat over it.

DSC02222.jpg

DSC02223.jpg

DSC02224.jpg

then i opted to get a little goofy with it. i know a dragster post apocalypse car won't be able to handle the terrain, so i vied for a 1/24 scale dodge rammunition chassis!

here's a basic idea of the madness with the tires.

DSC02225.jpg

DSC02226.jpg

DSC02227.jpg

the monster truck model is a skill 3 lindberg kit, and it has a ton of detail. i will make it fit, and i will produce some serious weaponry and other munitions to satisfy the hunger for zombie killers abroad.

chicken wire for window mesh. armored windows with a slit for the driver to see through. Custom front and rear bumpers with spikes and fog lights. rear engine. heck it'll be entertaining at least.

for the record, i'm a dork for even attempting this shenanigan.

Wow you guys are doing some awesome stuff to your builds!! Cranky every time I look at what your building I see something that I missed the last time I looked at it!! That thing is just bad to the bones and so cool!! It would be cool to see every ones build on the same table some time!!

Brian, you sure have done a lot since this photo was taken........... LOL Told you I'd get you back... LOL

100_1623-1.jpg

And now I know why I haven't gotten those bumpers yet........ :D

Edited by tuffone20

Cranky you can stop now while your ahead :o:P Anyways thats awesome I'm glad I'm on your side here :D Hey thanks for the update Mark that thing will look really cool up on those 66inch tires ready to go to war.... Marty Marty.. .. Marty... Just cause my wife thinks I'm cute don't mean these poor guys need to see my mug :lol::lol::lol: Actually you didn't get those bumpers cause I had a couple of what I guess I was advertising that day lol. I got carried away in this build and I need to remember I have a Super Bee to finish :lol: