Model Cars Magazine Forum

The official race season kick off

And some changes.

For obvious reasons no more Pontiacs in DP. Lexus dropped out. The new BMW DPs are fast, but are they reliable?

Last year no BMW DPs but they did debuted the GT BMW but broke and DNFed. Nobody knows if they can do 24hrs. Can Brumos Porsche defend last years win? Brumos with the lone flat six and others running the V8, like Action Porsche. Another kind of surprise, no Penske team. Not sure what happened to them. The field shrunk down to 14.

In GT, of course we have the Corvettes in the mix, AMLS Flying Lizards with the help of TRG, again old Pontiacs, RX-8 expanded to 8 cars, Lots of other GT cars Porsche Pontiac BMW Mazda Corvette a couple F430s and the New Camaro, didn't see the Mustangs return.

Edited by CAL

Personally, I can't wait. I am clearing the decks for this weekend, and i hope to catch all 16 televised hours. I wish they'd bring back all 24 again. I stayed up and watched all of that. OK i saw 22 hours. Somewhere around 0300 I fell asleep for a couple of hours. But it was still a blast. GENTLEMEN...START YOUR ENIGNES!!!!!!!!

And some changes.

For obvious reasons no more Pontiacs in DP. Lexus dropped out. The new BMW DPs are fast, but are they reliable?

Last year no BMW DPs but they did debuted the GT BMW but broke and DNFed. Nobody knows if they can do 24hrs. Can Brumos Porsche defend last years win? Brumos with the lone flat six and others running the V8, like Action Porsche. Another kind of surprise, no Penske team. Not sure what happened to them. The field shrunk down to 14.

In GT, of course we have the Corvettes in the mix, AMLS Flying Lizards with the help of TRG, again old Pontiacs, RX-8 expanded to 8 cars, Lots of other GT cars Porsche Pontiac BMW Mazda Corvette a couple F430s and the New Camaro, didn't see the Mustangs return.

Nahhhh!!! For this white-haired old Hoosier, the REAL racing season will always kick off on the opening day of practice for the Indianapolis 500!!!! I guess I've been to too many opening days of practice at IMS in my life, but that really gets my blood to circulating.

Art

All I can say Is its a real disappointment for me about the Penske team. Is it for 24 or the season? I think that team grew a lot last year. I can't believe Lexus did not take advantage of Pontiac's absence. No Mustangs?????? Oh and GO ANDY LALLY!!!!!!!!

I think it the season.

I don't know what Toyota is up to. 24 of Le Mans perhaps.

:P Ok, Chris, we can now start!! ready to update? :blink:

Well, I was out with someone when it started so I taped it but watched the preseason show and happy to see Telemex go to BMW power, in my opinion a better choice and just so excited watching this, ACTUAL copmetition, 9 different shassis/engine combos and more in the GT class.

Gt, RX8's look and sound amazing as usual, the Camaro's are beatufiul and sound amazing, glad to see so many cars in that class and that Turner M6! :o

I LOVE IT!!!!

:P Ok, Chris, we can now start!! ready to update? ;)

Well, I was out with someone when it started so I taped it but watched the preseason show and happy to see Telemex go to BMW power, in my opinion a better choice and just so excited watching this, ACTUAL copmetition, 9 different shassis/engine combos and more in the GT class.

Gt, RX8's look and sound amazing as usual, the Camaro's are beatufiul and sound amazing, glad to see so many cars in that class and that Turner M6! :o

I LOVE IT!!!!

Porsche 1 2 3 4 right now. The way it should be ;)

Brumos is moving up too.

yeah I saw that. :P

Yes, the way it should be, although the BMW powered machines are doing well.

Brumos yes, Flying Lizard NO! ;)

Brumos, we will see, Might have to cheer for the Action Porsche.

Nice, 1-4 Porsche a lap up on the 5th pl Camaro.

Not a BMW in sight.

Wow I hate you :)

I love it when we do play by play :D and good, glad to see them leading.....it's a shame though Turner ain't doing that well but those Camaro's I tell you what! :blink:

Funny how fast things change a Daytona.

They led for a while dropped back to 9th got to the lead again, dropped back running 4th.

TRG needs to catch that Pontiac Camaro. :blink:

Edited by CAL

What a race so far!! TRG had some minor mis-haps but they all came back. Toward the end of coverage Andy Lally ( my fav ) had some sort of issues I hope they fix it. My fav up and comer from the missing Penske DP is now on TRG GT teams so once again I'm happy. Last Holy cow that #57 Camaro is beautiful in race trim. I finally found a new camaro worth modeling. Good luck to all your favorite teams and driver fellow motorsport fans!

Well congrats to the Action Express Porsche team!!!

Don't worry about no Mustangs as 4 or 5 Fords were in the top ten.

Sad note that the Brumos team broke and Hurley Haywood ended his racing

career on a sour note. It was his 37th 24 Daytona! He really is a class act!

The real racing has started now. :D

Let the "good ol' boy" gang kick off their season in a couple of weeks B)

Well congrats to the Action Express Porsche team!!!

Don't worry about no Mustangs as 4 or 5 Fords were in the top ten.

Sad note that the Brumos team broke and Hurley Haywood ended his racing

career on a sour note. It was his 37th 24 Daytona! He really is a class act!

The real racing has started now. :P

Let the "good ol' boy" gang kick off their season in a couple of weeks :D

Not too sad for Brumos.

The Action Express car was under the Brumos umbrella, so it was like a win for Brumos car 59.

I think it may have had something to do with running the V8. Brumos is factory backed and they probably said no so they formed a sub-team Action Express to run the V8 Porsche car with cause too much stir at the factory, well, until now. Now that they won.... who knows what might happen.

The Brumos team was going to cut back to only one team this year. Brumos team associate didn't want to see those mechanics out of work (the 58 car) and so he leased a Riley chassis and dropped in the V-8. I believe he was getting tech help from Brumos as well. They will be running the full season. I hope to get to see them in NJ. I also understand that the Factory really wasn't thrilled with the development of the V-8 because it came from the Cayanne(sp?). I guess the factory doesn't consider it performance orientated enough. They said (TV broadcast)that a company out of Texas developed that engine. It was a great win. And i know you and Nick are not fans, but .... WAY TO GO TRG/LIZARDS!

Oh he's a fan alright!! :D Me, those ###### lizards! I like Porsche and all but.... :D

Well, I could go on about the race as I saw it but I'm not so all I got to say was, refreshing to see a REAL race, at least in these times, and the winners were great, glad to see Speedsource get it! ;) The Camaro's had a bang up of a first time coming in the top 10 with the 57 coming in 5th! I still think the best looking car was when the 97? had no hood and fenders and was still running strong, now that's a real racecar!!

All in all it was a freaking sweet 24 at Daytona like usual, big names, great cars and sounds, just a great way to spend a January weekend, now I can't wait until March ;)

Don't worry fellas, I'm feeling alright :P

The Brumos team was going to cut back to only one team this year. Brumos team associate didn't want to see those mechanics out of work (the 58 car) and so he leased a Riley chassis and dropped in the V-8. I believe he was getting tech help from Brumos as well. They will be running the full season. I hope to get to see them in NJ. I also understand that the Factory really wasn't thrilled with the development of the V-8 because it came from the Cayanne(sp?). I guess the factory doesn't consider it performance orientated enough. They said (TV broadcast)that a company out of Texas developed that engine. It was a great win. And i know you and Nick are not fans, but .... WAY TO GO TRG/LIZARDS!

Lozano Brothers Porting tunned that V8 No relation to TRG or the Flying Lizards.

Edited by CAL

It was a good race, and several ACME members had a Daytona-palooza to work on our models during the race. No 24 hour builds, just working on whatever we are working on...Jon Waters working on a Ferrari race rig, GT Mike Lawrence his Evo engine, Brian Venable his Ferrari 599XX, and I worked on finishing a Fujimi Fiat 500 & bodywork on the Leno Camaro. Great weekend to stay inside and play with models...congrats to the winners of the race...I guess the Cayenne is good for something other than a whipping post :P

The DP cars are still fugly...sure wish they'd kill the turret top...still can't believe there are no kits of them.

Congrats on the RX8 win too. Zoom Zoom :D

ACME Daytona Palooza pics

Oh he's a fan alright!! :D Me, those ###### lizards! I like Porsche and all but.... :D

Well, I could go on about the race as I saw it but I'm not so all I got to say was, refreshing to see a REAL race, at least in these times, and the winners were great, glad to see Speedsource get it! ;) The Camaro's had a bang up of a first time coming in the top 10 with the 57 coming in 5th! I still think the best looking car was when the 97? had no hood and fenders and was still running strong, now that's a real racecar!!

All in all it was a freaking sweet 24 at Daytona like usual, big names, great cars and sounds, just a great way to spend a January weekend, now I can't wait until March ;)

Don't worry fellas, I'm feeling alright :P

Yeah, I remember that car pounding around.

March?

Edited by CAL