Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford LTL 9000 Custom with Livestock Trailer

Oh, one other thing, if anyone has a marker light lens like these roof markers, I still need one! I did what I didn't want to do and stole one from my Ford Aeromax just so I could finish all 10 on this one! :(

• 2 months later...

Well, between sleeping through most of the month of May because of a change in my high blood pressure medicine (which worked great by the way, lowest my blood pressure has been since I started having problems, with the exception of the wonderful side effect of constantly feeling I ran a marathon B) ) and my 1:1 figuring it was special enough to be worked on EVERY weekend for the past 3 weeks, I FINALLY got a chance to work on the truck again! I sat down at the computer and the workbench last night and did some little things, so this is not a big update, but it is an update! ;)

I finally have communtications, I took this pic of a Cobra 29 NW(NightWatch)LTD Classic I found online and photoreduced it on the computer.

29NWLTDCL_D-lg.jpg

Then glued it in place in the overhead console, and sorry it's not the greatest pic, but it's the best I could get! :D

HPIM3065.jpg

I also made a mic cord out of some thin craft wire I had laying around, and coiled it by wrapping it around a small drill bit for my pin vise.

HPIM3068.jpg

I still have to get the mic I'm stealing off a kit CB painted and on the cord, and make a bungee cord out of thread for the mic to hang on. ;)

i know there is a bigger sleeper i saw somewhere mmmmm! :huh:

You think this one is big, wait until I build one of the other little ideas floating around in my crazy head!! :lol::blink:

This one is scaled to a 180 inch sleeper, my idea for another one is going to be a 230 inch sleeper!! :o

You think this one is big, wait until I build one of the other little ideas floating around in my crazy head!! :lol::blink:

This one is scaled to a 180 inch sleeper, my idea for another one is going to be a 230 inch sleeper!! :o

:huh::o :o :o :o :o :o

I thing that this truck is too loooooooooong.

Thats why it progress tooked so looooooooong!!!! lol LOL

Your rig is very nice, keep it coming.

Kostas.

Thanks Kostas, and maybe that is why progress is taking so loooooong! :lol::D Or maybe just because I'm the slowest builder known to man! ;):):blink::huh: I have one project on the shelf that I started 12 years ago, and it's a car! :o

Thanks Kostas, and maybe that is why progress is taking so loooooong! :lol::lol: Or maybe just because I'm the slowest builder known to man! :lol::unsure::blink::huh: I have one project on the shelf that I started 12 years ago, and it's a car! :o

I thought that my Peterbilt 359 reborn was the longest W.I.P. ever...

• 4 months later...

Any updates? Or are you just making it even bigger? :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

No and no Andy. I did pull it out and knocked some of the dust off it and tried to finish up the CB mike, but it didn't work out well and before I lost all my marbles, I put it back on the shelf. Hopefully since it's getting cold here again, I may start up the finishing touches soon.

• 8 months later...

Hi everyone!! I sorta have an update to this build, but unfortunately no building has been done on this since I posted the last update. :( Life has not only gotten in the way of this build, but put it on a semi-permanent (pun intended!) hold. I was evicted from the house I and my ex fiancee had called home for 6 1/2 years back in December 2011 and unfortunately the truck and trailer has been living packed away in a box at a close friend's house ever since, and I have returned to driving (and living) on the road. Thankfully, though, I'm working on a dedicated account right now and getting a steadier income and me and my new love of my life and fiancee are planning on using the time and better pay on this temporary gig to get back into a regular life! We have a trailer back in WV that her mom is going to let us live in and eventually give to us, and we are working on getting a few minor repairs made so we can finally move into it and then we are going come off the road for good. My fiancee is going to finish the steps she needs to get her real estate license and then after that I will finally go back to school for my degree in computers like I wanted to do about a year and a half ago!

Anyway, what does this have to do with the build, you say?? Well, even though I'm about 600 miles away from the model, the model is always in my mind and I can't wait to get back to work on it! I even have a new mural for the back of the sleeper! Thanks to some patience and having my camera on multishot "burst" mode, I was able recently to get this awesome pic of my 1:1 on the outskirts of a thunderstorm in SC!

HPIM4082.jpg

I plan on, after me and the better half get settled and I have my main computer (also at my friend's house) set back up, I'm going to edit the pic and take the 1:1 out and take a pic of the finished model and insert it in the 1:1's place. After I took the pic, I knew the pic would fit perfectly with the trucks lighting theme, and the name of the truck, which will be "Thunderstruck"!

Hi everyone!! I sorta have an update to this build, but unfortunately no building has been done on this since I posted the last update. :( Life has not only gotten in the way of this build, but put it on a semi-permanent (pun intended!) hold. I was evicted from the house I and my ex fiancee had called home for 6 1/2 years back in December 2011 and unfortunately the truck and trailer has been living packed away in a box at a close friend's house ever since, and I have returned to driving (and living) on the road. Thankfully, though, I'm working on a dedicated account right now and getting a steadier income and me and my new love of my life and fiancee are planning on using the time and better pay on this temporary gig to get back into a regular life! We have a trailer back in WV that her mom is going to let us live in and eventually give to us, and we are working on getting a few minor repairs made so we can finally move into it and then we are going come off the road for good. My fiancee is going to finish the steps she needs to get her real estate license and then after that I will finally go back to school for my degree in computers like I wanted to do about a year and a half ago!

Anyway, what does this have to do with the build, you say?? Well, even though I'm about 600 miles away from the model, the model is always in my mind and I can't wait to get back to work on it! I even have a new mural for the back of the sleeper! Thanks to some patience and having my camera on multishot "burst" mode, I was able recently to get this awesome pic of my 1:1 on the outskirts of a thunderstorm in SC!

HPIM4082.jpg

I plan on, after me and the better half get settled and I have my main computer (also at my friend's house) set back up, I'm going to edit the pic and take the 1:1 out and take a pic of the finished model and insert it in the 1:1's place. After I took the pic, I knew the pic would fit perfectly with the trucks lighting theme, and the name of the truck, which will be "Thunderstruck"!

So your new love life is going after her RE license in West Virginia huh?...is she going to attempt ohio to?...i can use another broker on my team!...where is she going to set up shop?....also i do like the pic....and i do like the name of the truck!

So your new love life is going after her RE license in West Virginia huh?...is she going to attempt ohio to?...i can use another broker on my team!...where is she going to set up shop?....also i do like the pic....and i do like the name of the truck!

No, she still has yet to get her license, but she is going to get a WV license, and from when she was going through training before some life issues got in the way for her, she said the WV license would be good for WV, OH, PA, and even SC and a few other states as well. She is planning on working around home in Wheeling, and once she gets everything sorted out, I'll have her get in contact with you!

Thanks, and I was planning on the name for a while, but I thought it would really fit after I came up with the idea to put the model in the pic! :D

No, she still has yet to get her license, but she is going to get a WV license, and from when she was going through training before some life issues got in the way for her, she said the WV license would be good for WV, OH, PA, and even SC and a few other states as well. She is planning on working around home in Wheeling, and once she gets everything sorted out, I'll have her get in contact with you!

Thanks, and I was planning on the name for a while, but I thought it would really fit after I came up with the idea to put the model in the pic! :D

Okie Dokie! :P oh just thought of something....since you named the truck "Thunderstruck"...Why not put the ACDC album cover on it to? :lol:

Killer...cant wait for updates! :P

Okie Dokie! :P oh just thought of something....since you named the truck "Thunderstruck"...Why not put the ACDC album cover on it to? :lol:

Killer...cant wait for updates! :P

Hmmm, I just might have to look up a pic of that, if for nothing else the name!

And don't hold yer breath for updates, you might not make it LOL!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Even though we have everything in the planning stages for getting off the road and me back into the model room (and the better half already said one of the three bedrooms is my model room!! :D ) it still may not be until after Christmas until I get any real work done. As long as I'm needed on the temporary dedicated account I'm running from here in SC, home will be devided between WV and SC. Only after the account doesn't need me will it be time to come off the road.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks Dan, it was nice meeting you and everyone else tonight, and hopefully I can get time to stop by again, just without the 1:1 big truck being in the shop! :lol: Hopefully someday soon I can start working on this again as soon as I get time split between the 1:1 and the little ones.

Who needs a house when you have the worlds largest sleeper

Actually Dan, that isn't the largest sleeper on the market, it is only a 180" (since they measures sleeper length in inches) sleeper. The largest I have found, and will be the size of my next custom sleeper build, is a 230" sleeper like what is on this truck.

ICTCustom230inchsleeper.jpg

• 4 weeks later...