Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford LTL 9000 Custom with Livestock Trailer

DANG!!! :o That truck is like a motorhome!!! I've always liked the mid to late 70's Ford semi series.

Thanks, Cody, keep following along, I hope to have it painted this week! By the way, I think Ford made these all the way up to the late 80's, according to some things I found online about it>

pics man pics.im dying over here :angry::blink:

Yeah, pics, more pics please!!!

I am dying too :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kostas.

Ok, alright, there will be some coming!! :D I've been busy the past couple days, my better half's uncle past away, and Monday and today we've been at the funeral home for the visitation and today the burial. Tomorrow I hope to get the paint job started, but there are rain and thunderstorms forecast, and if that happens, it will be on hold till Thursday. I have no place in the house to spray paint, so I have the weather to deal with. I do promise you will get some pics soon, just please stay tuned! :D

You've asked for them, here are (finally) some pics of the truck WITH PAINT ON IT!!! :rolleyes: Like I said with the test body, these pics don't do this paint justice, it is simply amazing. In the sun I was even getting teal and gold, but for some reason on the desk what shows the most is blue and purple. I'll take some outside pics when I'm near finished or when it is done. Anyway, enough babble, here's the pic, ENJOY!! :rolleyes:

HPIM2150.jpg

With Flash:

HPIM2151.jpg

Without Flash:

HPIM2152.jpg

A couple more different angles:

HPIM2153.jpg

HPIM2155.jpg

By the way, I'm still not completely finished with the paint job yet, I have to get another can so I can put some more coats on it. The can says the more coats, the more dramatic the effect, so I will probably add another 2 or 3 coats of color to the two coats already on it, and then clearcoat.

I'm also still trying to figure out a color for the frame, since this is definitely not a fleet truck, I don't want basic black. I'm either thinking the same as the truck, but I really don't want the frame "blending in", or a contasting color that would still complement the cab color. Any suggestions??

Although I do not know what color you should paint the frame I definitely do not feel it should be the same color as the body. Is it a show truck, maybe chrome or aluminum.

It will be a "showy" working truck, not dedicated show truck, not run on the mill work truck. I will probably have some chrome panels on the frame, as well as light panels along the bottom of the cab and sleeper. One color I have been thinking is a "chrome" looking DupliColor paint called Metalcast that I've seen in red, blue and purple. It would be similar to Tamiya Clear colors on chrome.

For a frame color, what do you think of white? I know, it's a little unusual. However, painting the chassis and roo bar plain white would "sandwich" the flashy cab/hood/sleeper nicely. Also, the rear suspension air bags, etc. could be painted black to contrast well with the frame.

Bryan

Matthew, I looked at all your pictures & yet this doesn't let us see the true color you are seeing. It seems to go from a deep mid night blue with shadow's of maroon than again some purple. No black frame! I would shine a light down the side as being seen going past ( a side view ) & see what color u pop out! how about the blue on that cup in the back ground or Maroon. I think I would paint up some junk parts to see how colors match up to it. I try something than get back to u. ken

Thanks for the help so far everybody. :( I'm liking all the ideas so far, and I think I'll dig through the paint supply here later and see what the possibilities are! That, or take a trip to the hobby shop!

Hey Matt, the Ford is looking good !!! How about hot pink for the chassis,,, :lol:;):blink: Just kidding, but I would use a lighter color for the contrast :D

Nah, I was thinking hot pink for the fenders!! :D

Edited by highway

hey matt im likin the paint bud, cant wait to see that truck put together and all the shiny chrome on it. are you gonna put some chicken lights on it? as far as the frame goes, how about kobalt or teal blue? lookin good

dennis

OH YEAH, there will be chicken lights on it, it's a bullrack, ain't it! I just hope no planes mistake it for an airport runway! If there's two things I like on trucks, it's chrome and chicken lights! You might be a chickenhauler if your truck has more lights than your Christmas tree! ;)

Matthew,

Your color choice is very nice!!! I can imagine your Ford under the sun loaded with all the cromed parts... :)B)

About the chassis color I agree with Bryan on white with also white feeders.

Kostas

Thanks Kostas, and I'm imagining that as well! I hope to get some nice pics outside like that with the trailer on it when it's either finished or near finished.