Model Cars Magazine Forum

An Escalade

Railfreak78

I am a LONG time HUGE fan of Monster trucks and Monster Jam. I actually talk to some of the drivers via Facebook too. My son and I have collected over 100 monster trucks toys and a lot of shirts, met a lot of drivers. One problem my favorite of all is An Escalade. George Belhan is a crazy guy but has a ton of talent. Here in Phoenix he did a crazy rollover after a long wheelie combo over cars and kept going. There is NO replicas though so I'm making my own :lol: It will take some work but here is the start and some pics from Monster Jam 2009 at the University of Phoenix Stadium ( Cardinals ) tinyescalade.jpggeorgebelhan.jpganescalade.jpgDSC01969.jpgDSC01968.jpg

Edited by Railfreak78

:) In my comp the picture title is Mini Escalade. I won nose bleed seats to the event but we were right over the staging /pit area so it was neat. I have a big sign I made autographed by him and he did actually see it and then go crazy. Would be cool for real or model :lol:

• 1 month later...

Here is finally an update. It's actually been what feels like forever since I've been able to work on a kit. ( since the end of my 74 Caprice ) So now this truck has taken a better turn thanks to El Destructo Inc. I have a modern chassis from Jurassic Attack truck which is so much better than scrapping an USA-1. Although Kristy Edge ( Now driving Jurassic Attack is a great woman ) Any way... This model drives me nuts. It's against everything in me to glue it shut. The Uptown had opening doors and hatch. Glued shut now :D I did round out the cuts after these pics but it's still rough. Seems odd to close a kit up but open the wheel wells :D The stance already looks better but I have a lot to go. Thats an old USA-1 frame for moch up. DSC03476.jpgDSC03477.jpgDSC03478.jpgDSC03479.jpg

Great idea...love the Mohawk Warrior...how are you going to do the spinners and neon??

For the spinners i'm not sure yet. Some toy cars have them in about the same size. I'll have to do some digging around. If all else fails I'll make some to work whith these wheels as these are close for the main part of the wheel. Now the Neon I'm going to see if I can find a small kit at Fry's Electronics. That may be down the line though. Temporary ideas make me think of a transparent purple if they make any. Like Model Masters clear red and turn signal amber. Maybe paint a purple over clear sprue. Any Ideas are welcome. I have a Knight Rider car I need lights for too so I am always open to ideas.

Edited by Railfreak78

tinyescalade.jpg

Real or model? :lol:

Hotwheel?

For such a big rig, it looks soo little :D

Looks like a cool Combo ya got going on.

Maybe you can get the Chrome wheels to fit inside the wheels more?

I knew those Big wheels had be good for something. ;)

LOL, I thought it was a HPI Wheely King R/C trucks with one of their Cadillac Escalade bodies on it sitting on somebody's deck!

Some body work updates. Now you can see the wheel wells are smoothed out a bit more. These massive trucks are actually fiberglass bodies and this truck is unibody like Grave Digger is so tonight I started filling in door lines and such. Now I have to wait like watching paint dry so I can sand it. DSC03516.jpgDSC03515.jpgDSC03510.jpg

I'm going to try vids for the 1st time ever. I only want to do this for the showing of how big these spinners are and how cool this guy is as a driver. This is low quality coming from my old phone and I recommend sound off during freestyle cause I was yelling trying to get people into it ;) I also apologize for when the camera goes all over the place. George autographed a sign I made and said before the race to make sure everyone saw it during freestyle. He loved my not so great art. I did it so my boy would make one for Blue Thunder ( his favorite). DSC02367.jpg

Edited by Railfreak78

Nice start, Brian. I'm happy you found a modern frame to put under it. The USA-1 kit is nice, but is from the era when they were built from the real production truck, and so out of date compared to todays trucks. By the way, Lindburg's Dodge Ram and "Weird Oh's" monster trucks would have been nice donors, too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

So it has been a VERY long time since I have worked on this and updated as well so with no more delay.... I did get the body pretty much wrapped up. I have some more chassis detail and bars to make after cutting the cage to fit the body. I still need to find a way to get the wheels to sit better in the tires. I'm planning on wrapping this one up soon so for those of you watching, sorry about the delay B)

DSC09269.jpg

DSC09272.jpg

DSC09275.jpg

DSC09283.jpg

DSC09280.jpg

DSC09282.jpg