Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fast Five official: Walker and Diesel reteam for fifth Furious movie.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/02/04/fast-five-official-walker-and-diesel-reteam-for-fifth/

Fast Five official: Walker and Diesel reteam for fifth Furious movie.

It's official – The Fast and the Furious franchise will get another chapter. Speculation about a fifth installment had been rampant since Fast and Furious once again struck box office gold for NBC Universal last year. The rumors of a fourth sequel came to a head last month when Dominic Toretto himself made the announcement to his 7,385,034 Facebook fans that writer Chris Morgan had handed him scripts for a fifth and sixth movie in the series. Yet, there was no official word from the studio, until now.

Besides Vin Diesel (Toretto), Paul Walker (Brian O'Conner) and director Justin Lin will also return for what's now known simply as Fast Five. Apparently the gang isn't so furious anymore. The franchise should be in good hands, as this crew has ridden through at least two movies apiece and Chris Morgan was the author of the screenplays for the last two installments (The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift and Fast and Furious). Those two chapters were arguably the best in the FNF filmography.

The official announcement didn't include word of the suggested sixth installment, but if Vin is to be believed, they might be filming episode five and six back-to-back with a staggered release schedule possibly taking the franchise to its ten-year anniversary in 2011.

Who knew street racing Hondas could be so lucritive. Personal opinion here, but of the 4 so far, #3 (Tokyo Drift) was my favorite and actually had more of a story to it than the other 3 did. I will see what #5 and #6 bring.

As a side note and thought; I could see how they could somehow bring the kid from the third movie in on either the fifth or sixth, considering Diesel himself ended #3.

Edited by whale392

best scene out of the entire lot of them is when they are trying to beat the mopar (cant remember for sure but i wanna say it was a hemi chally) and they coulndt beat him without cheating :lol:

Yip. That scene is in 2f2f.. the prob is they SAY hemi.. then later you see under hood ....no HEMI! <_<

Edited by hemithunder

Who knew street racing Hondas could be so lucritive. Personal opinion here, but of the 4 so far, #3 (Tokyo Drift) was my favorite and actually had more of a story to it than the other 3 did. I will see what #5 and #6 bring.

As a side note and thought; I could see how they could somehow bring the kid from the third movie in on either the fifth or sixth, considering Diesel himself ended #3.

And the fact that they tied Han into the 4th one as well.

well i saw the first one and 3rd one only now i was going to watch the new one but as soon as i got my mopar action mag covering the charger r/t thing in the 4th one i said well think what i said lol. i found out that every car in the 4th movie had a 350 chevy in it yes even the mopar. i understand why i mean its the easiest motor to work on and parts are always available but still to drop one in a charger no thanks

Edited by moparfan426

well i saw the first one and 3rd one only now i was going to watch the new one but as soon as i got my mopar action mag covering the charger r/t thing in the 4th one i said well think what i said lol. i found out that every car in the 4th movie had a 350 chevy in it yes even the mopar. i understand why i mean its the easiest motor to work on and parts are always available but still to drop one in a charger no thanks

That explains why they looked so slow and the film speed was sped up .... lol.

I wonder how they could tie the kid from #3 into the story...........something to do with Vin and he forming a team in Hans Honor and racing across Europe? Culminate that with a 'Cannonball Run' type outlaw race here in the States/Canada/Mexico for the 6th?

Sounds like the writers better get busy!

n o kidding eh DW man the car they used was nice looking but as soon as i read 350 CHEVY i was like well ya B) i mean my old man has a 350 in 1980 gmc but dude not in a mopar that aint right

I hear you man. Besides, I'vve outran too many 350 4bbl cars with a 318 before, so I know they aint much, or they don't know how to tune them. lol

So far, #4 has been my favorite. I think the reason that the last two movies have been good is the director. He is into the import tuning world. He knows the cars and gets that if they have to be 'right' The actors have to speak like they know what they are talking about. No more twin turbo supras that are clearly not and such. The writers and the director are car guys and get the whole thing. If they are back and stay with the project it should be good. Both decided to forget the first two movies were made when they started the third movie. Working so far, don't fix it!

So far, #4 has been my favorite. I think the reason that the last two movies have been good is the director. He is into the import tuning world. He knows the cars and gets that if they have to be 'right' The actors have to speak like they know what they are talking about. No more twin turbo supras that are clearly not and such. The writers and the director are car guys and get the whole thing. If they are back and stay with the project it should be good. Both decided to forget the first two movies were made when they started the third movie. Working so far, don't fix it!

Wait, so you're saying manifold problems don't cause your floor to fall apart? :P