Model Cars Magazine Forum

Linear Time Sucks

I had to put Roxy down this morning. Friday evening her hind legs finally gave out, and she stopped eating. I made her as comfortable as possible over the weekend, and this morning I had her put to sleep. I felt like a Nazi prison guard delivering her to her reward, but at least she's not suffering anymore. No mateer how much you prepare for the eventuality, it still hurts when it happens. Thanks for letting me vent, guys.

Sorry to hear that, Harold. I had to do that 15 years ago to a my dog "Sheba" she was three weeks older than I was. She was 22 and blind, deaf and could barely move. But now the pain of the loss is gone and only the fond memories remain. :(

Edited by hemithunder

I'm so sorry to hear that Harold! :( I know what you're going through as I had to have my KitKat put down a day after Thanksgiving. It still hurts from time to time even though I have a new kitten.

Of course she's not a replacement as her personality is very different from his. Pets represents different chapters in our lives and you're right.............it's tough to think that someday they'll be no longer with us. :(

Remember the fond and funny moments you had------it'll help carry you through.

Harold, the compassion you feel for your pets says ALOT about you as a person. God will comfort you over your loss of a pet just as he would your loss over anyone you loved. You did good by Roxy, you were there for her till the end, and she knew it. If she could, she would have thanked you for loveing her so much. God Bless you.

I know how you feel, you have my sympathy. I had to put my 14 yr old beagle to sleep last year, I still choke up. I stayed and held her and told what a good dog she was till she was gone. I also felt like I was betraying her, but it was her time. Hope your grief fades quickly.

Dogs bring so much to our lives it's difficult to put into words. The unconditional love, the wagging of the tail and the extreem happiness when we walk through the door after leaving them at home all day....and maybe even peeing on the floor just a little bit because they are so happy to see us. The companionship on a walk, they're unending job of guarding the household and all family members. Quiet moments on the couch when they are half on your lap and half on the couch. Watching them fidget and grunt in thier sleep when they are dreaming of chasing some elusive creature (usually a squirrel). It cuts you to your core when you lose such a great friend. Sorry to hear of your loss Harold. I see a lot of us here feel and share in your pain. I do too, I miss my buddie. Your not a Nazi, you made a humane decision. Dogs will not let you know how much pain they are actually in...they don't want you to know.

Guest Johnny

Sorry to hear that Harold.

We tend to forget how much they give but ask so little in return!

It really sets in when we lose them.

They truly are a part of the family.

Heck, my cats do that when I am home!!!! B) You know, I never know how to respond to these types of threads with out sounding trite. I do send my condolences your way. Losing one of our little buddies is always hard. We have had to put down 3 cats in the last 4-5 months and had one die of a heart attack in my wife's arms. It is never easy, probably one of the hardest things I have ever and will ever have to do. My heart breaks with yours. You did the best thing for her and that was stay with her to the end. I understand completely the 'time to walk the dog' feeling. We ended up giving away some of the cat's beds and such. No one else was sleeping in them and I kept checking to see if they were in there. Just remember the fun she brought. As trite as it sounds, it seems to help me.