Model Cars Magazine Forum

MCM #148 CONTEST ISSUE

YOU KNEW IT WOULD COME FROM ME FIRST RIGHT???

Gregg, Harry thank you for using my photo of James' Impala on the cover!

I will take this to work with me and drool all over it tonight, GREAT JOB EVERYONE!

Also thank you to Darryl Gassaway for helping me with my articles during a rough time!

I must admit I'm not too excited about this issue. I like contest coverage, but not a entire issue. I'd rather see a annual publication, like SA does. I miss the how to's and kit reviews too much to really enjoy it 100%.

I must admit I'm not too excited about this issue. I like contest coverage, but not a entire issue. I'd rather see a annual publication, like SA does. I miss the how to's and kit reviews too much to really enjoy it 100%.

It is annual... there's one contest issue per year.

And unlike SA, who makes you pay big bucks for theirs, with MCM the contest issue is the same price as any other issue, and if you subscribe it comes automatically as part of your subscription.

However, I do realize that some people are not too excited about contest coverage and would probably be fine if the contest issue went away and we just went with a "regular" issue instead, and ran contest coverage within the regular issues throughout the year.

A topic for a forum poll???

Harry, the nice thing about the SA issue is that you have a choice if you want to buy it.

Now, I like to see the coverage from model shows around the world, but is it me or does it seems like we see many of the same cars in each mag? Now I know it is hard to not show what SA has shown, but considering theirs was out 6 months ago is it possible to not have as much duplicate coverage?

I would rather see a regular issue and choose to buy a contest issue if I want to. The folks as SA might do the contest annual as a revenue generator. :)

Considering this issue is 2 months late, what is the schedule for the next issue?

Thanks.

Work was slow, so I was able to sit and read through. This is a good issue!

I understand some points made, but to me ....this is the best issue and it's not because my coverage ends up in it. I love looking at models like the rest of you. I don't get much out of how to's and advertising though. Maybe I am different, but I get much more out of viewing my peers models and getting a little info about them. I love seeing models by my friends and there are always a lot of them!

The repeat models in several issues...that's not an MCM thing. I know from experience that some people travel to multiple shows each year with the same models and they are soooo nice that each show they end up getting photos taken.

It's really up to the builder to not get photos, but some guys love the coverage no matter how many times it comes around.

I personally don't shoot the same model twice, unless there are changes made to it.

Anyways, I don't ever buy any SA issues....but the one I do buy is the Contest issue. I think that's their best magazine.

As they say "to each their own".

Please keep things going the way they are. If you want any requests for a change....I don't have any.

i for one, LIKE the contests, as time rolls, having 2-3 contests per issue is fine with me...

i want to see what other people are building...

i asked Jim about the 'doubles' thing once... with 1000's of pics from hundreds of shows, you're gonna have some more than once!! show travellers and all...

Edited by weasel

I REALLY hope that I get mine in one piece this time. The last few issues have been delivered in a damaged form and yet my brother-in-law who lives 25 minutes away says that his issues always come intact. Maybe he slips the mail carrier a twenty every now and then???

Got mine today, too. Personally, I think MCM's way of doing the 'annual contest coverage' is great!

But I don't have time to debate it ... I wanna go get lost in that big, thick contest issue that did not cost an extra arm & leg in addition to the cost of subscription.

It's not that I dont like contest coverage, I like to see it in every issue, it's just I like the balance too much to want a issue of my sub to go for it. I would rather buy the extra issue.

Guest promodmerc

I got mine Sat and was it a joy to see. I really needed it as I spent 4 hours putting up a new storm door as we had a storm here Fri and it made mincemeat of our old one.

I picked up a copy at the LHS yesterday. Nice issue but some of the cars/trucks were so good that they needed more pics and more information about them.

Haven't done a subscrition yet because I'm afraid of the condition it might come in.

Additionally, the issue is about 2 months late. If I were paying for a subscription, I'd want it delivered in pristine condition every month like clockwork.