Model Cars Magazine Forum

Corvette/ Corvair Custom Trike

John Teresi

Hello.......this started out as the Revell Formula Corvair Trike.........I had a 1975 Monogram Corvette body laying around.......so I decided to graph on the body to the trike.......wired and plumbed......all chrome stripped then painted with alclad.......scratch built faring .......H.O.K. kandy lime......all graphics airbrushed with cobbwebbing technique .......the girl is a water slide tatoo.

DSCF0020.jpg

DSCF0025.jpg

DSCF0021.jpg

DSCF0008.jpg

DSCF0044.jpg

DSCF0013.jpg

Well John, this is really something different. The paint looks great with the cobb-webbing effect. The back sure sits pretty low, but regardless of the paint and look, the engine is what sets this baby apart. The weathering, as slight as it is, is just perfect....really well done. I am impressed, but all of your work is impressive, so that is no surprise. Nice work.

that is a awesome looking model

could definatly pass for real

id like to hear more about this cobweb painting...how do you do it ?

Eelco.......this is only the secound time I have tried cobbwebbing,,,,,,but the way I did it was......I bought a touch up spray gun used for real cars......they use these to paint door jams......I put un-thined black lacquer paint in the gun and shot it out with high air pressure ......around 45-50 psi......but you might want to practice with the air pressure till you get it right......it needs to come out stringy ........like little worms.......let it dry for an hour then when you shoot a clear coat you need to mist on the first coat or the clear will eat the cobbwebbing......thank`s John

Well John, this is really something different. The paint looks great with the cobb-webbing effect. The back sure sits pretty low, but regardless of the paint and look, the engine is what sets this baby apart. The weathering, as slight as it is, is just perfect....really well done. I am impressed, but all of your work is impressive, so that is no surprise. Nice work.

Peter......I am not one to make excuses ......I was also looking at my photos and noticed that she is sitting low......well the back section is removable because I made a small solo seat that makes a whole different look......and the whole back section will move up forward ......plus the rear lights do turn on.......thank`s for the nice comments,John

If this is a model, I am going to have to be convinced. Everything looks real. If this was in real or model, I would have voted real. Do you have any pics of the build in process?

Thanks,

Russell

Russel.......no I don`t..........I have been told that I should......I have progress photos of some new stuff that I will post.......Thank`s,John

I really like the look, and I thought the pic of the engine and gas tank was of a real bike, too. I love how you made the taillights look like LEDs. How did you do that?

Highway......I had lost the taillight lenses .......so I made some using the red lens from a dog collar that flashes at night ......I popped of the lens and cut and filed 4 round lenses to fit the rear end.....I also hooked up led lights so the rear does light up....thank`s,John

Highway......I had lost the taillight lenses .......so I made some using the red lens from a dog collar that flashes at night ......I popped of the lens and cut and filed 4 round lenses to fit the rear end.....I also hooked up led lights so the rear does light up....thank`s,John

I'll have to see if I can find one of those collars and try that in one of my tractor trailer builds. Thanks, John.

Incredible! I have to say this, the fuel in that little tank would go quick! Awesome build! I've never sen anything like it!

Incredible! I have to say this, the fuel in that little tank would go quick! Awesome build! I've never sen anything like it!

:) Um, :blink: I'm speechless! This is jus' gorgous to a "T"! The execution of blending parts, scratch building, and jus' over all work to get it all right!! :lol: I jus' can say WOWZERS!!!!!!!!!!!! Got my vote for the most realistic lookin' model! Two Thumbs WAAAAY UP! :lol: