Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

PON "T" AK

Lyle Willits

IMG_8438-vi.jpg

Chopped Model T with Pontiac engine, scratchbuilt 1927 Pontiac grille shell and Pontiac tailights from Mr. Robert Dudek.

IMG_8446-vi.jpg

Paint is Duplicolor Orange Mist with the ghost of the Pontiac Indian on the doors.

IMG_8441-vi.jpg

'27 Pontiac grille and '32 Ford headlights.

IMG_8443-vi.jpg

I made interior door panels because the kit doesn't have any.

IMG_8453-vi.jpg

Pontiac engine from AMT '36 Ford kit. Scratchbuilt headers. Carb scoops from Reps & Mins.

IMG_8442-vi.jpg

Looks great, but is the cowl cracked?

There's a line from left-of-center under the windshield in several of the photos.

The Poncho rad shell makes it.

Gee, thanks for pointing out the one flaw in the paint. Well, at least you didn't give me ###### about using the word, "Indian". :P

Lyle, this is really well done. Right up there with your usual tight craftsmanship and attention to detail. I really like the engine and headers, but my favorite part of the entire build is the blue paint inside the carb. scoops. That looks so cool and "period". You brought more then a little life to that very old tooling.

When it comes to street rods, you are the Man! Great mix of color. Never would have thought the blue would look so cool with the burnt orange. It really grabs your attention. Nice work on the details too; wheels, engine, headers, it's all nice stuff. Love the white interior. It goes great with the body color and gives it a nice period look.

Another knock out

Yikes Lyle...I was just wondering. For the record I love the build. I didn't mean to get you emotional. I was just wondering if it had met some misfortune which to me gives a build character...overcoming adversity and all. Sorry you got your feelings hurt.

You are kidding, right?

I was cracking a joke. I don't get emotional over model cars.

Really? I do. I got REAL emotional the time my ex-mother-in-law knocked one of mine off and broke it! :lol:

Ex MIL? Jeez Khart, seems a bit severe, getting rid of the cook just 'coz her mother broke one of your models... ;);)