Model Cars Magazine Forum

Unbelieveable luck...

I think I've used up all of my model-hunting luck for the next few years!

I was doing my usual trawl of the charity shops in Ilkley today, and Cancer Research has a nice box of the Revell Marauder in "Flak Bait" markings, for £2.50, so I bought it. Then I spotted the old Revell Lanc in the "jigsaws pile" for £3, so I bought that, too. By then, I wondered if they had anything else, so I asked. The nice lady said "No, but there might be a car.... it'll be a bit more expensive because it's James Bond. OK, I said,hardly daring to breathe, "I'll take a look." And out she came, saying "It's a lot more I'm afraid - six pounds fifty..."

And here it is:

web.jpg

Of course, I'll be building it, not selling it!

bestest,

M.

WOW, Matt, I think you got one nice buy! What's 6 pounds 50 equal to US dollars, about $10? We can't even buy a new kit here "across the pond" that cheap anymore!

:);) Congrats Matt!!!

That looks like a great kit.And , to get it for what you did is incredible!! :D :D

Please post pics of the build as you go and the finished one.

I love that car and have been trying to find one I can afford.

Very nice luck!!!

OK.....stumble on a kit that is rare and VERY desireable......get it for a good price.......it's all there.......take it home and actually build it.......(share it with us)..........WOW......what's not to like?!?!?!?!?!?!

Excellent.....glad you rescued this very worthy orphan.......have fun!!!

Regards

Bill (Duntov)