Model Cars Magazine Forum

67 Chevelle Hot Rod

Romell R

Yeah Mopar we do go back a few years and a couple forums thx for sticking with me bro. And as always thx for the intense compliments. and you must be my brother from another mother LOL! Yeah I see the resembalance now...

No problem bro, I know a telent and good model building when I run into one LOL. I knew it just by watching that truck build you did that you knew what you was doing :D and that you was man like me when it came down to building models LOL. Your also welcome for my compliments also. I guess we're two crazy and insane model builders that loves detail on a model car? LOL. You must be my long lost brother from another mother! LOL. I guess your the West coast brother and I'm the Easy cost brother? :lol: . Yep I can also see the resemblance also.. :blink:

Coming along nicely, Romell!

Thinking about the fuel comment. How about oil in the motor that shows on the dipstick? :D

Something to think about...maybe the next model...:D

Hey Tony thanks for a great idea I just might do it LOL! i still need to install a dip stick. :P

Hey fellas I just want to share the latest with ya. I got the body on today which means I can start to do all the f inishing details (my favorite part). see if you can find everything I've done. :D

This pic shows the door jam panels which I polished to a mirror finish. And the door locks that actually work.

bodyon001.jpg

bodyon002.jpg

I was able to get the trunk hinged and if you look close at the left hing (driverside) you can see the clip I made to lock the trunk in the up position.

bodyon003.jpg

bodyon004.jpg

Here you can see the key hole on the driver side door....

bodyon006.jpg

bodyon007.jpg

bodyon008.jpg

And a parting shot...

bodyon009.jpg

I think it is about time I pipe up and comment on your car here. Like I have said in the chat room I love it! :P Now on the other hand I had a conversation with a member here ( a friend of mine ) I spoke of you like a model god but that you make me mad ( sarcasm ) I can't believe you make this amount of detail and put it together SO FAST! :D Thats where you loose me is the speed of the build. Great looking car and amazing detail. I can't wait to see it myself ;) Oh I also made my own Optima without realising you did one. I did it with evergreen tubes and flats. I did the posts but I have PE connections that are to small. I have to fix it. I see yours and I like the route you went. Have a good one buddy :D

This pic shows the door jam panels which I polished to a mirror finish. And the door locks that actually work.

You know, I'm REALLY going to be disappointed if you tell me the key doesn't unlock the door and the push button doesn't open the door! :D Of course, I'm kidding with you! :D That would be a nice addition to the hinge tutorial, though.

This project has been amazing! Awesome work on all those detais all over! This thread is a very good tutourial how to build very great looking '67 Chevelle! Specially I like that gas tank and battery, they are... Huh, perfectly done!

No words can discribe the skills u got there. And to think it's small

scale. Romell this is totaly amazing. U r like a god!! And as for the locks on the doors. WOW that's all I can say. As somone said, I too beleave if u put fuel in that tank: it would go. Totaly in aww. Thanks so much for taking us on a journey to modeling heaven. :lol:

No words can discribe the skills u got there. And to think it's small

scale. Romell this is totaly amazing. U r like a god!! And as for the locks on the doors. WOW that's all I can say. As somone said, I too beleave if u put fuel in that tank: it would go. Totaly in aww. Thanks so much for taking us on a journey to modeling heaven. :P

NO NO NO! Do Not Worship me! All I am is a fellow slave of you and of your brothers.......Worship God! Rev.22:9 Thank You so much for your compliment. :lol:

Hey fellas wanted to throw this small update at ya. I wanted to add xenon lights to the build as I will have them on the 1:1 and while I was at it I decieded to detail the entire front end with a wiring harness for the headlights I hope you enjoy....

I started by drilling a small hole in each headlight cup...

headlightsetup001.jpg

headlightsetup002.jpg

Then i needed to drill a hole down the middle of this octogon rod from evergreen

headlightsetup004.jpg

once that was done I cut four 1mm sections from the rod....then they were painted with a silver base and a Tamiya clear blue

headlightsetup005.jpg

headlightsetup007.jpg

headlightsetup011.jpg

Then a very small piece of stainless tubing was cut into four 6mm pieces and the painted rod was put on the end of the tubes and installed in the headlights then the covers were installed

headlightsetup005.jpg

headlightsetup012.jpg

headlightsetup013.jpg

Edited by Aftashox

Well heres part 2 of the headlight build I didnt have time to post it earlyer so I saved it till now. I couldnt just build the xenon bulbs I had to make the wiring harness that hooks up to it so without further adue.......

This is the area i'll be working with

headlightsetup015.jpg

I cut 1mm strips from Tamiya masking tape for my wire wrap....

headlightsetup017.jpg

Then wrapped my wires with it

headlightsetup018.jpg

once the wires were wraped I used a black sharpie to color them black

headlightsetup020.jpg

headlightsetup021.jpg

here I have cut 2mm pieces from the same octgon rod I used earlyer. These will be the plugs that connect to the back of the bulb housing. They will slip right onto the tube sticking out the back.

headlightsetup022.jpg

The completed harness....

headlightsetup023.jpg

Edited by Aftashox