Model Cars Magazine Forum

67 Chevelle Hot Rod

Romell R

Guest Mustang3.8

WOW! Your build is NOTHING short of a work of art, Romell! I will be starting a '66 Impala, but it will be nowhere near as beautiful as your Chevelle. Truly a work of art! :)

Man I know I keep saying this . But this is amazing, u r so tallented. Can I ask a question tho? What tools do u use to make the small holes? And what do u use to open the doors and such? As i've just opened the hood on my next build and it took me ages to cut through it with the stanley knife? Cheers and super work thanks again.

Bam! That was my skull exploding, LOL! Not to give you extra work, but I think the xenon lamps require a ballast, so you might have to research the size used for automotive applications to connect the harness to. I'm still reeling at how good the lamps look.

Man I know I keep saying this . But this is amazing, u r so tallented. Can I ask a question tho? What tools do u use to make the small holes? And what do u use to open the doors and such? As i've just opened the hood on my next build and it took me ages to cut through it with the stanley knife? Cheers and super work thanks again.

Hey Thx for the compliments first off. Secondly I use a pinvise to drill small holes, it holds very small drill bits of various sizes, you can get them online or at your local hobby store. and when I cut doors open I use the back of a #11 exacto blade, or sometime I take the expensive route and use two kits. (For an explanation check my build where I opened the doors.) ;)

Bam! That was my skull exploding, LOL! Not to give you extra work, but I think the xenon lamps require a ballast, so you might have to research the size used for automotive applications to connect the harness to. I'm still reeling at how good the lamps look.

You are correct Jim Just keep watching and you'll see a ballast appear right before your eyes (POOF!) ;)

Keep up the great work Bro. I'm very curious to see how you make the bulbs. You have over 20,000 views on this thread. I wonder if that is some sort of record? Does anyone know?

WOW! I got one LOL! sorry Bro this one wont actually be lighted (altho I thought of giving it some LED's) it's just made to look as tho it will function. Im sorry for the deception Romell ;)

WOW! I got one LOL! sorry Bro this one wont actually be lighted (altho I thought of giving it some LED's) it's just made to look as tho it will function. Im sorry for the deception Romell ;)

That's pretty funny to me too. I didn't think it would function. I thought you were adding the shape of a bulb. But, I took a look at some xenon replacement kits like http://hidugg.en.made-in-china.com/product/VosnOqkPLihH/China-Ugg-Hc-Xenon-Headlight-Bulbs.html Now I better understand the look that you were after. You already accomplished the impression that the bulb is already in there. :) Keep it up Bro.

Hey fellas here the rest of the xenon light build I was able to hook up the harness , and build the ballist hope you enjoy....

ballist001.jpg

ballist003.jpg

ballist004.jpg

And heres the pics of the Ballist build......

here you see the sides measured and marked

ballist005.jpg

here the sides have been cut and glued to the top.

ballist006.jpg

ballist007.jpg

Heatsinks cut out and ready for gluing

ballist010.jpg

Gluing heatsinks on......

ballist011.jpg

Edited by Aftashox

Wow, Romell. This is wonderful. Are you sure you aren't using a shrink ray?

SHHHHHHH!!!!!! ;) The government is still after my secrete shrink ray. Men in suites & dark shades follow me everywhere :lol::DB) .....LOL! thx for the compliment. Have a great day!

SHHHHHHH!!!!!! ;) The government is still after my secrete shrink ray. Men in suites & dark shades follow me everywhere :lol:;);) .....LOL! thx for the compliment. Have a great day!

You know Romell, if I didn't know you, I would believe that! LOL. I mean the way you can build a model, it wouldn't put it past me that you could maybe build a shrink ray device ;) LOL

Edited by m0parman

Hello Fellas once again I've added something new to the build.( I think I need professional help :P ) anyway heres the build progress I hope you enjoy......

I set out to just do the windows and decieded the glass needed the chrome frames present on older chevelles, I started with making the frames and locks for the vent windows on the doors....

windows001.jpg

windows002.jpg

here they are with the glass added (well plastic)...

windows004.jpg

Edited by Aftashox

Romell, stop copying my ideas! :P LOL

Your door vents are the same thing I'm did on the General Lee model that I'm building!

Now this is down right scary, we both are thinking alike on detail..

but tell me, does yours open and closes? mine does.

Good work so far man.

Edited by m0parman