Model Cars Magazine Forum

67 Chevelle Hot Rod

Romell R

First off, I apologize for not commenting sooner. I have just spent the last hour soaking in this build. I see a lot of passion and determination, and I have a great respect for all of the work done so far...and have even picked up a few new tips as well :lol:

This one is definitely one to be proud of.

Jimmy

First off, I apologize for not commenting sooner. I have just spent the last hour soaking in this build. I see a lot of passion and determination, and I have a great respect for all of the work done so far...and have even picked up a few new tips as well :)

This one is definitely one to be proud of.

Jimmy

Thank you so much Jimmy for your comment it has been a long road travelled but now it's comming to an end todays post will be the last post as the car will be done then I will move it to the underglass section. Thx to all of you who have followed this build for all your encouragement and support. It's really helped me to keep moving forward. Romell :)

Like I have something new to add to this!!!!!! Obviously we are all in awe of this build...there is such a tremendous level of detail on every sub assembly. This is one for the record books! Most Impressive.

Like I have something new to add to this!!!!!! Obviously we are all in awe of this build...there is such a tremendous level of detail on every sub assembly. This is one for the record books! Most Impressive.

I've followed this since day one. And as much as I am happy to see it finished I'm also sad too.? It's like an end of an era? Lol it's been amazing to watch this build come alive. I'm still new to the model scene. But the work and efford u have put in over all the updates that u made are amazing. I hope the nova is this thrilling to watch. Cheers bud for a great show. :). Craig

Edited by cazxr2

Well, it must mean you got your wheels. Good to hear...I will continue to progress at the speed of a berserk snail regarding the machined wheels. (The good news is that my friend just got his repaired computer back, and it has Autocad, so when the time comes, I can do the drawings.) Looking forward to the Under Glass postings!

Well, it must mean you got your wheels. Good to hear...I will continue to progress at the speed of a berserk snail regarding the machined wheels. (The good news is that my friend just got his repaired computer back, and it has Autocad, so when the time comes, I can do the drawings.) Looking forward to the Under Glass postings!

Nope never got the wheels so I had to improvise. I went back to the origanal set and drilled em and spruced em up a bit they'll do for now. :huh:

Hey terry Im glad you asked .....I use a tube bender (which I purchased from My LHS)made just for bending 1/8 tubbing (which is perfect for 3'pipe) I find if you use a 1/8 tube with the right thickness and you proceed slowly you can get a good bend without having to heat the brass. And the bender makes it simple to bend not hard at all. Thx for your question Terry and I hope this helps you.

tube bender

underchassis005.jpg

What brand is that tube bender? Did they have other sizes too like 1/16? Thanks.

I watched this from the beginning and have just been in total admiration of your attention to detail Rommell.

Cannot wait to see it "Under Glass"

Every phase was enjoyable and I used your plastic bag idea for my belt set [i bought the same one]. Unfortunately, you cannot glue the plastic bag with CA. It simply dosen't stick [for me at any rate].

Great build bro.

Bob

Edited by Dragline

Hey fellas you can get the tube bender at you local hobby store, and they come it two sizes 1/8 and 1/32 ...thx for all the compliments on the build I wanted to share these parting shots with ya before she goes to glass I hope you enjoy. The rear bumper will be installed tomarrow. Thx for following my build you guys are the greatest!

finaledetail006.jpg

finaledetail007.jpg

finaledetail005.jpg

The DuBro tubing bender is available online at several places and comes in 1/8" and 5/32" sizes. Hobbylinc has them for about $8.00 plus shipping of about $5.00 (to FLA).

Thx Jim I had thrown away my packaging, so you saved me the trouble of having to find this information.

Not a problem, Romell. Glad to be able to help you after all the inspiration I've recieved from your '67 Chevelle hot rod. Next time I go to Ocala I'm going to check if my LHS has one at a reasonable price. I would imagine you could use the bender on solder too.