Model Cars Magazine Forum

67 Chevelle Hot Rod

Romell R

[ quote name=Aftashox' date='13 August 2010 - 04:09 PM' timestamp='1281730141' post='348425]

Um jim I think maybe you have me confussed with someone eles, I carved the handle from scrap plastic and the acual shift lever is a piece of stainless piano wire. The finger pull is made from a staple. i dont know of any kits with those kind of parts in them. Just a miss understanding no problem. Its"scratch built" just go back and check the build it all in there. :wacko:

[ /quote]

I did go back, like you suggest me to do LOL.

Me:

Romell:

I did indeed ask about the shifter.. and it was from you as well. LOL

you asked: "Where did you get the linkages for on the tranny?"

Jim you asked about the Linkage in the first quote, The linkage is from a MCG kit (model car garage).... the second quote ask me about the shifter itself, which i did scratch build. there is a differance between a shifter and a linkage.

Edited by Aftashox

Well around my part, people calls the shifter and the linkage the "shifter linkage", that's why I said shifter linkage for. I guess out your way they call the parts by them shelves.

So to me when you answered that before, I thought you was talking about the whole unit the shifter, the brackets and the linkage being as one from another kit. That's why I said what I did today for bro. I wasn't trying to start anything, but before when you said from another kit I thought it was for the whole thing not just a very small piece LOL.

Sorry, my bad.

heres some more work done and some of the parts just waiting thier turn to be installed..

here the frame has been accessed through the trunk for the rear part of the roll cage.

trunk001.jpg

trunk002.jpg

here notches have been cut out the back panel for the cage bars..

trunk003.jpg

trunk004.jpg

hey romell, nice work on the 1:1 so far,ive wanted to put a roll cage in my vette for the longest time ,but cant make myself cut up such a good body,

if you dont mind my askingthough,what kind of bike was that with the red and white fenders?? :)

those fenders look similiar to the ones on my 50's western flyer.

thanks,Jeff.

Also,did you ever get my pm?

I like seeing the 1:1 continue in this thread ... building is building no matter what the scale! I am wondering, if the scale model changed any of your plans for the 1:1 along the way?

Thats a really good question Mike, I used the scale model as a design tool for my 1:1 so as i went along I was able to see what worked and what would not work for the 1:1 build, yes ideas changed along the way but I found a happy medium. And now all i have to do is make the big one look like the little one. Thanks for your comment! Romell

Edited by Aftashox

hey romell, nice work on the 1:1 so far,ive wanted to put a roll cage in my vette for the longest time ,but cant make myself cut up such a good body,

if you dont mind my askingthough,what kind of bike was that with the red and white fenders?? :lol:

those fenders look similiar to the ones on my 50's western flyer.

thanks,Jeff.

Also,did you ever get my pm?

Sorry jeff I dont think i got your PM I accidently erased a bunch of my PM's a lil while back, And go ahead and put that roll cage in your vette it'll stiffen up your chassis and make that car perform better. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well its been a minute since i updated ya on this but heres the goodies my friend Ed and I welded in teh rollcage and I got my Wilwood brake system via UPS so heres a few pics of the work and brakes I hope you enjoy.

heres ed doing the spot welding while I get ready to take over....(really I was just eating a bag of chip so he decieded to get the spot welds done).....

brakes005.jpg

now in the trunk area....

brakes006.jpg

heres some of the goodies that came in two Wilwood boxes....Gotta get the best brakes cause as I always say " I build my engine wrong and it wont go....But if I build my brakes wrong it wont stop!".....

brakes008.jpg

brakes012.jpg

check out the 6 piston calipers....

newbrakes002.jpg

newbrakes003.jpg

this master cylinder is a master piece of aluminum work....

newbrakes004.jpg

and i got the steel braided hose kit too...

newbrakes005.jpg

Stay tuned for more to come....

• 2 weeks later...

Romell, now ya gotta get out the Mothers and get that tunnel ram polished up to look like those valve covers :lol: prepare for some sore fingertips :lol:

Dave

yeah I'll be doing that over the weekend and like Roy said I'll also be using a powerball, but its still lots a work.

Edited by Aftashox

I recently discovered your thread. It's a great job what you are doing there on both scale and real car!! Just great! :lol:

hey Seb thx for the compliment and I've checked out your site you do some great work I think I'll be investing in your e-book thx again. Romell