Model Cars Magazine Forum

67 Chevelle Hot Rod

Romell R

bro this is simply the most amazing build i have ever seen, ur skills are out of this world.ive been gone for a week ( my laptop crashed ). and here we are goin to the glass... im lookin forward to ur nova buid , an thanks for all ur tips and tricks i have used a few from this buid AN plan on usein more .....

thanks bro ...Davin

oh ya one more think ur help with the nail polish , thanks i got a good mix i tested it on the ram charger hood it turned uot awsome....if u wanna see the hood just hit me up ill send u a pic its not goin on the build pics yet im still workin on the 3 foot titanic.....

Edited by mopar01lee

Didn't get on here for a few days, and the Chevelle is done. Good on ya, Romell, this is an EPIC build.

Will look forward to the reveal "Under Glass".

Sure hope you didn't over-torque those lug nuts...you have a scale torque wrench in your bag o' magic tricks?? ;)

Edited by Tony T

Just one little question to clear things up....

You spell your name Romell, which makes me think you pronounce it RoMELL. There seem to be a number of people here who spell it Rommel, like the Desert Fox.

Am I right about RoMELL?

I ask this because I think there's too much anonymity on the forum, which is part of any forum, but this is a specialized social club where I hang out. It's sad enough that only a few of us have posted our pictures, but maybe we can do better.

Edited by sjordan2

She now sit in the underglass section fellas Thx again for following this thread.....Cya on the next one. Oh and yes you are correct in saying my Name is pronounced Ro'Mell not Rommel the desert fox. Romell :P

Edited by Aftashox

Thyank you very much for the info. I dont have a LHS and the closest one, hour away does not carry one. I saw a nice one on micro mark, but dont want to pay that much! This build has been completely stellar!

im sorry i couldnt be of more help.

Hey Romell, As you can see, I'm new here! I came across your 67 Chevelle build today and was instantly hooked. I spent the last few hours reading through and looking at all the great pictures you posted. I don't know what to say that hasn't already been said before, but you have incredible talent and should be proud of all the work you do. This build is an inspiration and beyond... :)

BTW, I can't remember if you said it already, but is the shifter scratch built or an off the shelf part?

• 2 weeks later...

HAHA I bet you thought the saga was over well its not welcome to part II "The Build Of Big Brother. The whole reason for the original Chevelle build was to use it as a design tool for the 1:1 so now if you dont mind I'd like to introduce you to "FaultLine" The Big Brother of Aftashox......

ehaust003.jpg

I brought him home from the body shop and got busy putting him together heres the start of the rollcage installation, First sections of the floor had to be cut away to allow access to the frame. A true rollcage should be welded to the frame and not the body as most do. Im a true HotRodder so it has to be right.

I satrt by cutting 7'inch square patch from behund where the seats will be...

rollcage006.jpg

rollcage010.jpg

now I have access to the frame where the main hoop will be welded

rollcage026.jpg

heres the main hoop , its about 5 1/2 inches too tall so i'll cut that off....

rollcage027.jpg

rollcage049.jpg

Wala main hoop in place and ready for welding lots more ahead stay tuned...

rollcage052.jpg

Edited by Aftashox

ROFL !!!!! Because as soon as I sat my big butt down in that plastic it would break into pieces :blink::huh::wacko: ....I need steel to hold this 243lbs. :blink: LOL!

Bro, I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to join you on the laughing part here! :blink:

I'll be watching this thread once again for the real car to take shape. If you have have the same skill for on the bigger stuff that you do for on the scale stuff. This is going to be one heck of a good build on the bigger one as well! ;):o

Hey i went out and cut the hole in the trunk for the fuel cell here are some progress pics...

Here you can see how the cell just sits on the floor of the trunk....

fuelcell001.jpg

hole cut and the cell is in place......

fuelcell002.jpg

look at that Ford 9 inch Beautiful!! just beautiful....

fuelcell003.jpg

Edited by Aftashox

Now I know and understand that I am getting old but apparently I'm also getting slow.

As I watched your build of the Chevelle model I was amazed at your knowledge of cars, placement of different items and so forth.

While I knew you were building a 1 to 1 Chevelle I thought you meant, as most of my friends do, that you had someone doing it for you.

Now I find out that you are building this also, yourself.

Interesting man, I must say.

I don't want to start anything, but you told me once it was from a kit that had extra parts in. :o

Um jim I think maybe you have me confussed with someone eles, I carved the handle from scrap plastic and the acual shift lever is a piece of stainless piano wire. The finger pull is made from a staple. i dont know of any kits with those kind of parts in them. Just a miss understanding no problem. Its"scratch built" just go back and check the build it all in there. :wacko:

Now I know and understand that I am getting old but apparently I'm also getting slow.

As I watched your build of the Chevelle model I was amazed at your knowledge of cars, placement of different items and so forth.

While I knew you were building a 1 to 1 Chevelle I thought you meant, as most of my friends do, that you had someone doing it for you.

Now I find out that you are building this also, yourself.

Interesting man, I must say.

Yeah Bro Ive been a HotRodder all my life I love this stuff man!! scale and 1:1 thanks for your compliment my friend. :wacko:

Edited by Aftashox

[ quote name=Aftashox' date='13 August 2010 - 04:09 PM' timestamp='1281730141' post='348425]

Um jim I think maybe you have me confussed with someone eles, I carved the handle from scrap plastic and the acual shift lever is a piece of stainless piano wire. The finger pull is made from a staple. i dont know of any kits with those kind of parts in them. Just a miss understanding no problem. Its"scratch built" just go back and check the build it all in there. :wacko:

[ /quote]

I did go back, like you suggest me to do LOL.

Me:

Posted 10 June 2010 - 01:01 AM

Dang Romell, your doing one heck of a job on that build of yours. I seen it over on the other site and been watching for more updates on. I don't post over there for afew reason's which I won't say. But sense I know now that this is the other site you mention you was posting on well I will reply on here :blink: though. Where did you get the linkages for on the tranny?

Romell:

Posted 10 June 2010 - 02:06 AM

Hey Mopar good to hear from you man! yeah I know what you mean about not posting over there I may not finish posting this build there. As far as the tranny link its a model car garage kit. really good one too. as you know I usually fab all my own stuff but im gettin lazy LOL! Good to know youre following along keep intouch Bro talk to ya soon. Romell :o

I did indeed ask about the shifter.. and it was from you as well. LOL

Edited by m0parman