Model Cars Magazine Forum

67 Chevelle Hot Rod

Romell R

It is a shame that so much of your great detail work is going to be covered up. The chassis and suspension work will never get the attention they deserve with the body on. Absolutely impressive building skills. Actually, I don't know which car I like better.....well, I guess I would have to opt for the 1 to 1 car. Both will be great when finished. Great work...I will follow this to the end.

It is a shame that so much of your great detail work is going to be covered up. The chassis and suspension work will never get the attention they deserve with the body on. Absolutely impressive building skills. Actually, I don't know which car I like better.....well, I guess I would have to opt for the 1 to 1 car. Both will be great when finished. Great work...I will follow this to the end.

Peter I can tell you are a man of good taste and we are glad to have you aboard for the ride. Thx for the compliments B)

Edited by Aftashox

Thx go out to Mike And Marty for the kind words of incouragement, I havent posted in a few days because Ive been waiting on some photo ecthed parts to come in the mail...but i got bored waiting so i cut up the body and removed the doors and trunk. And since my 1:1 will have a tilt front end I cut it off too. So I have some progress pics for ya I hope you enjoy....

heres the body after cuttin it up..... LOL! J/K I have two bodys this one is what we call the donor body.

bodyparts005.jpg

See you destroy one to get the doors and trunk or whatever you need, then you just cut out the same parts on the other body and file down to the lines.

bodyparts003.jpg

See perfect fitting doors and trunk...

bodyparts006.jpgB)

Hello fellas welcome back. I have a few progress pics for ya. I got my shotgun Bill scoop in the mail but it was too short so I had to add some brass tube to it and reform it. I hope you enjoy....

chevelle057.jpg

heres the hat with the extra tubing added

chevelle059.jpg

Here I added squadrens putty and CA glue the CA glue makes it almost like a plastic cover, I add the glue after i get the final shape then I resand.

chevelle061.jpg[i/]

Edited by Aftashox

I wanted to simulate a BorgWarner 4 speed tranny with shift linkage and Hurst stright shifter. Heres what I started with...both pieces has a few hole in them that need repairing but a little white putty fixed that right up.

chevelle063.jpg

heres the tranny and Bell housing after paint and linkage detailing I still have to add bolts but its almost done

chevelle064.jpg

this is a pic with all three pieces simi done

chevelle067.jpgB)

Edited by Aftashox

I'm glad the link I gave you for the scoop worked out for you. Bye the way, your work area is way to sanitary. B)

Yeah thx for the link , and trust me this isnt my work area, this is my desk at work I just work on small things there... :lol:

The transmission and injection linkage look great, and yeah, that engine is huge in the front of that car. Your work desk???? I couldn't get anywhere near my work desk with a model car and get away with it...and I own the company1 I even have to look over my shoulder when I am on the forum at work. Anyway, this is coming along nicely...very nice. I could kinda' get a little expensive using two kits for opening panels, but you are right, it does work out ok. Keep it going.....something tells me that you don't need encouragement to finish this one.

This is incredible, amazing work! I, too, will follow this to the end. Thanks so much for sharing your assembly photos and scratch building techniques. With the working suspension, are you going to have working u-joints? Just curious...I think it would be a piece of cake for you! Eagerly awaiting future installments. :lol:

This is incredible, amazing work! I, too, will follow this to the end. Thanks so much for sharing your assembly photos and scratch building techniques. With the working suspension, are you going to have working u-joints? Just curious...I think it would be a piece of cake for you! Eagerly awaiting future installments. :lol:

Ive done working U joints before with a brass drive shaft and once all is said and done. I think i put way too much work into building them , I thought about doing it for this project and im still not sure if i want to invest the time it takes to make them. But who knows? This whole project is shaping itself, im just following directions. :lol:

Edited by Aftashox

Hey I married the boss so i get to do whatever I want LOL! J/K I own the business and I only do small projects on my desk to take pics of the progress then show them to you guys....LOL! Thx for your comment and welcome aboard

Edited by Aftashox