Model Cars Magazine Forum

67 Chevelle Hot Rod

Romell R

I love following your progress and admiring your eye for detail and obvious talent. Just curious, what do you do in real life for work ?

Well in my many years I have done lots of things and owned a few businesses right now tho I own a storage company here in southern cali.

First, I have to tell how tremendously impressed I am by the work you've done up to this point. I can't wait to see the finished projects.

Second, I have a fondness for old Chevelles. The first muscle car that I owned was a '71 or '72 Chevelle that I had put a dual-quad 427 Corvette engine in. With the stock rear suspension, I had to ease it up to about 40 mph before I could really put my foot in it, otherwise, I would just sit there spinning the wheels. I envy the fun you'll be having with yours!

What are your plans for your 1:1, daily driver, weekend warrior at the local track? Of course, there's always just cruising around basking in the coolness! B)

Keep up the good work!

David G.

Too kool a chevelle man like myself thx for your many compliments as for my chevelle it's a weekend warrior that i will drive to local shows , cruise around basking in the Koolness, And Im thinking about turnin some low 9's at the local track....LOL! Take care my friend and have a great day! :blink:

Too kool a chevelle man like myself thx for your many compliments as for my chevelle it's a weekend warrior that i will drive to local shows , cruise around basking in the Koolness, And Im thinking about turnin some low 9's at the local track....LOL! Take care my friend and have a great day! B)

Wow, low 9's is pretty hot for a weekend warrior! With that induction set-up you're using, I don't doubt it for a moment.

I sometimes wonder what that old Chevelle of mine could've done. The Delta 88 I have now has a very mildly built 350 and it'll finish a quarter in just under 15 sec (unofficial) coming out of second gear at about 75 mph. My old Chevy felt quite a bit faster than the Olds does, so maybe in the 10 to 12 range.

Once you get yours done and out on the track, if you could have have somebody shoot some video of a couple of passes, I'd love to see it run!

I'm sure that's some distance into the future, but wow!

If you end up running low 9's you're likely going to have to put in a full cage. They won't let you run that fast without at least the cradle above your head..[at least not around my local tracks].

I was running flat 12's with my '69 camaro and I was catching a bunch of heat because my cage wasn't up to specs....If I was pulling 9's I never would have gotten past tech inspection.

Edited by J. Sauber

If you end up running low 9's you're likely going to have to put in a full cage. They won't let you run that fast without at least the cradle above your head..[at least not around my local tracks].

I was running flat 12's with my '69 camaro and I was catching a bunch of heat because my cage wasn't up to specs....If I was pulling 9's I never would have gotten past tech inspection.

I have a 8 point rollcage thats being installed as soon as the car comes home from the body shop :unsure:

bodyshop4-12-10004.jpg

rollbar001.jpg

Edited by Aftashox

Sorry it took soooo long to get some freash pics posted. I been getting some work done on the motor I was able to wire it up with spark plugs and boots get the throtle linkage hooked up, and get the pulley system built. Im still not finished with it but its almost done. Let me know what you think. :rolleyes:

motor022.jpg

motor021.jpg

motor019.jpg

WOW, suprised theres no comments....

This is looking wicked now man, loving the wheels, engine and frame, i wish i had your building skill and supplies haha

Keep it up man.

Thank you for your compliments my friend ....My skills and my supplys come from years of constant building and collecting (been building since 5 im 43 now you do the math) so keep building and you'll get there. B)

WOW, suprised theres no comments....

This is looking wicked now man, loving the wheels, engine and frame, i wish i had your building skill and supplies haha

Keep it up man.

There aren't many comments, because I'm still trying to figure out how to keep my jaw from dropping everytime I see a new picture posted! It takes at least one hand to keep the jaw shut, and I'm a very poor one handed typist! :blink:

I've been building models for at least half a decade more than Romell, yet my scratchbuilding skills can't hold a candle to his. I mainly build replica stock, so that skill set isn't maybe needed as much, but looking at the progress has been an inspiration and a learning experience. I'm learning some new and exciting things here. Outside the Box (guess the pun is intended) is a cool way to approach modelling. Having a blast following this! :)

There aren't many comments, because I'm still trying to figure out how to keep my jaw from dropping everytime I see a new picture posted! It takes at least one hand to keep the jaw shut, and I'm a very poor one handed typist! :D

I've been building models for at least half a decade more than Romell, yet my scratchbuilding skills can't hold a candle to his. I mainly build replica stock, so that skill set isn't maybe needed as much, but looking at the progress has been an inspiration and a learning experience. I'm learning some new and exciting things here. Outside the Box (guess the pun is intended) is a cool way to approach modelling. Having a blast following this! :rolleyes:

Wow Jim Im flattered more than you know by your comment, My scratch building started as a kid my brother and I used to buy alot of van kits (back in the 70's custom vans were in here in Cali) and I alway wanted to do more than my brother, so i would make all my custom fixtures for my van out of whatever I could get my hands on LOL! Thanks for watchin and your sincere comment. Romell B)

Dang Romell, your doing one heck of a job on that build of yours. I seen it over on the other site and been watching for more updates on. I don't post over there for afew reason's which I won't say. But sense I know now that this is the other site you mention you was posting on well I will reply on here :rolleyes: though. Where did you get the linkages for on the tranny?

Hey Mopar good to hear from you man! yeah I know what you mean about not posting over there I may not finish posting this build there.As far as the tranny link its a model car garage kit. really good one too. as you know I usually fab all my own stuff but im gettin lazy LOL! Good to know youre following along keep intouch Bro talk to ya soon. Romell B)

Hey Romell,

The model is looking awesome! Your scratchbuilding and attention to detail is awesome. I have been watching this since I first saw the thread. Cant wait to see it finished very cool! Also your 1:1 is looking sweet, Look forward to see that finished as well!

Manny

Hey Romell,

The model is looking awesome! Your scratchbuilding and attention to detail is awesome. I have been watching this since I first saw the thread. Cant wait to see it finished very cool! Also your 1:1 is looking sweet, Look forward to see that finished as well!

Manny

Hey thx Manny for following along and for your sincere comment....Im getting excited bucause my 1:1 is comming home on sat. so i'll start posting pics of both builds as I go along! Stay tuned............ :lol:

Hey Fellas I have some update pics for ya. I was able to get some of the body work done. I made the fire wall, hinged the doors and cut some of the floor panel out so the shifter can come thru. Yes the body is sitting up high I still have to work out a few bugs. And ofcourse I included some mock-ups for you I hope you enjoy.... :rolleyes:

chevellbody001.jpg

chevellbody004.jpg

chevellbody006.jpg