Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Jungle Jim" Tribute

John Teresi

Hello.......another one of my models built 3 years ago.......this started out a s a AMT Nostalgic Drag race kit.......and Revell "Jungle Jim" Vega kit......I decided to make a" What If Tribute" to Jungle Jim.......Slixx decals......H.O.K. true blue pearl and pagan gold kandy......wired and plumbed......few scratch built parts and extras......thank`s.

DSCF1148.jpg

DSCF1158.jpg

DSCF1166.jpg

DSCF1183.jpg

DSCF1194.jpg

DSCF1228.jpg

DSCF1234.jpg

DSCF1211.jpg

DSCF1242.jpg

DSCF1262.jpg

Edited by JOHN TERESI
  • Like 1

Killer model, as always, John!

I especially like the fact this Chevy is being towed by a Ford! :)

I agree on both parts! Why do you think most wreckers are Fords? So they can tow all the broke down Chevys!! :P I hope you don't mind a couple small nitpicks, though, John. The Nostalgia Drag kit that the Bronco and trailer is from was the Model King AMT reissue, not from Revell, and the engine in the Bronco should have been Ford Blue unless you were going for a custom look. Irregardless, still a beautiful little race team.

I agree on both parts! Why do you think most wreckers are Fords? So they can tow all the broke down Chevys!! :lol: I hope you don't mind a couple small nitpicks, though, John. The Nostalgia Drag kit that the Bronco and trailer is from was the Model King AMT reissue, not from Revell, and the engine in the Bronco should have been Ford Blue unless you were going for a custom look. Irregardless, still a beautiful little race team.

I Don`t mind the nitpicks at all Highway........ sorry about the AMT mistake...........as you can tell the stuff I built 3 years ago.....I really didn`t know what I was doing?.......Believe me I have gotten so much criticism in the past and recent that it does not bother me anymore......I just like to build and build and build..........but I am thankful now for the criticism it has made me a better modeler.....when I start posting my recent stuff you will see what I mean......thank`s again for the comments.

I Don`t mind the nitpicks at all Highway........ sorry about the AMT mistake...........as you can tell the stuff I built 3 years ago.....I really didn`t know what I was doing?.......Believe me I have gotten so much criticism in the past and recent that it does not bother me anymore......I just like to build and build and build..........but I am thankful now for the criticism it has made me a better modeler.....when I start posting my recent stuff you will see what I mean......thank`s again for the comments.

You mean that great boat and van aren't recent works? And what about the beautiful trike?

You mean that great boat and van aren't recent works? And what about the beautiful trike?

Fairly new .......4 or 5 months ago.......I have built about 6 new ones since......hope I am not ruffling any feathers?........I just like to share my stuff........please keep the nitpicks coming....thank`s

Fairly new .......4 or 5 months ago.......I have built about 6 new ones since......hope I am not ruffling any feathers?........I just like to share my stuff........please keep the nitpicks coming....thank`s

Keep sharing! :) I wish I could do custom paint jobs like you do!

WOW!!! That's amazing, impressive, awesome and great! Love H-Bodys and that Vega is unbelieveble because of your building skills and that body model! Paintjob and detailing is very great all over!

Hi John,

Just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy this post...the truck/car combination looks just wonderful and I enjoy looking at your other posts as well. You seem to be just enjoying the act/art of building, and to me, this is what this wonderful hobby is all about. Your work especially, has been one of the factors that has got me building cars again after a 20 year lay-off. Mistakes? I don't see them, I just see the passion and enjoyment in your work, and the joy you must get by sharing your work and seeing other builders work as well. Do I learn from watching? Yep. Who knows, maybe I will post something soon, and maybe someone will get inspired like I have been. Keep em' coming John and thanks.

Mike

Hi John,

Just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy this post...the truck/car combination looks just wonderful and I enjoy looking at your other posts as well. You seem to be just enjoying the act/art of building, and to me, this is what this wonderful hobby is all about. Your work especially, has been one of the factors that has got me building cars again after a 20 year lay-off. Mistakes? I don't see them, I just see the passion and enjoyment in your work, and the joy you must get by sharing your work and seeing other builders work as well. Do I learn from watching? Yep. Who knows, maybe I will post something soon, and maybe someone will get inspired like I have been. Keep em' coming John and thanks.

Mike

Mike......You have no Idea how much I took your comments to heart.......I have never heard such a touching comment ever.........I am so happy that I have inspired you......I have no dought in my mind that you can achieve what you want in model building.......after what you said to me you must feel the same way I do.......please keep in touch.....and if I can ever help you with anything please let me know.......thank`s

John,

Thank you for your kind words and encouragement. Read my profile when you get time so you can see where I am in the hobby, right now just watching and trying to build CLEAN models, working on my basics and just enjoying building and reading the forums. Hope to post a couple of builds in the next few weeks, I'll let you know. Stay in touch and thanks again!!

Mike

I'll jump on the inspiration bandwagon John. I sold my 3rd collection (mostly sci-fi stuff) a year ago and decided to "simplify my life" and stop building. As we all know, once it's in your blood, no transfusion can eliminate the desire to build and show yer stuff.

Sigh. I was cruising sites and saw your Ivo hauler and got re-hooked. Thank you from every glue oozing pore of my body. (Ewwww!) Now I just gotta fiure out how to post pics right.

More to come from me too. Thanx.

My criticism of your Jungle Tribute? Where's Jungle Pam, in cut-offs, leaning into the Bronco to get Jim a clean shirt?

Joe =/\=

P. S. Hope to get to Cali next year to see you and your stuff in person. MODEL ON!

Love it,

Bronco looks Great.

Nice Trailer 2, Were could i find 1?

Ryan......I bought the kit about 3 years ago......its the AMT Nostalgic Drag race car kit.........it come s with a Bronco, trailer and a STP Cougar f/c.......it cost around 40.00 at the time......my guess is you could get it on Ebay or a Local model car swap-meet show........hope I helped,John

I'll jump on the inspiration bandwagon John. I sold my 3rd collection (mostly sci-fi stuff) a year ago and decided to "simplify my life" and stop building. As we all know, once it's in your blood, no transfusion can eliminate the desire to build and show yer stuff.

Sigh. I was cruising sites and saw your Ivo hauler and got re-hooked. Thank you from every glue oozing pore of my body. (Ewwww!) Now I just gotta fiure out how to post pics right.

More to come from me too. Thanx.

My criticism of your Jungle Tribute? Where's Jungle Pam, in cut-offs, leaning into the Bronco to get Jim a clean shirt?

Joe =/\=

P. S. Hope to get to Cali next year to see you and your stuff in person. MODEL ON!

Joe.......thank you for the comments......Hope to see your posts soon.......please don`t let your passion for building go away.......keep building brother......its the best sulution for worries and problems and just makes you feel good about yourself........when i was a kid " jungle Jim" was a hero and he had the best looking chick around........thank`s,brother