Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Custom VW Beetle pro touring

Pro 48 Fleetline

WOW thanks!

A little about the build its a 1/24th scale tamiya kit with a 1/25th scale viper front end on it also used the viper scoop molded it in.

opened the doors smoothed up the jambs chopped the top also smoothed up the body lines console is a nose peice from an indy car has a corvette imsa car dash with plenty of subtle lil mods.

Model really shows well and what few shows its been to really makes alot of smiles and leaves people asking plenty of ?'s

To me i just wanted to clean up the ugly and make a fun car that i would loveeeee to build real.

Thanks again

Models2066.jpg

Models3024.jpg

Models3026.jpg

Models3031.jpg

Models3028.jpg

Models3030.jpg

Edited by Pro 48 Fleetline

Cool. Nice style, great execution, an extremely well-done model in every way.

But...

There's one thing that immediately jumped out at me: the curve of the windshield and the roof is not one smooth continuous curve, there's a valley in the curve where the windshield and roof meet.

I know, you all are thinking, "man, what a nitpicker"... but I can't help but notice that. IMO the curve from the base of the windshield and back across the roof needed to be one continuous radius. Just my opinion, of course, nothing more. Like I said, well done in all respects, great craftsmanship and all, but that one thing really bugs me. Sorry...

That's just absolutely beautiful! Extremely imperssive work! It reminds me of the BMWs in the Minority Report movie. You know, the ones that drove up and down the sides of buildings. :o

That is too cool! You should have included the "budvase" on the dash...with a stick of dynamite in it! :)

That's perfect... and hilarious! I give four lol's for that comment! :D:lol::lol::lol:

Edited by David G.